Talk

Advanced search

To not buy dd anything from her Christmas list

(81 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:29:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelshMaenad Sat 20-Oct-12 22:31:51

Aw, get her a ferret. They're fucking adorable. Little faces! Awwww.

marriedinwhite Sat 20-Oct-12 22:32:23

Toy tortoise, toy puppy? How old's your dd?

Mine haven't really ever asked for anything that whacky. We did get dd two kittens one year though - they are my very special boys and love me best grin

WorraLiberty Sat 20-Oct-12 22:32:34

When my eldest DS was 3, he asked for a 'New leg for Granny'

My Mum had DVT and needed an operation grin

Mrsjay Sat 20-Oct-12 22:33:09

I am not sure a snake could digest a tortoise tell her no animals at christmas it is the law wink and as for an Ipad erm no grin

clemetteattlee Sat 20-Oct-12 22:34:22

My daughter wants "every item of clothing you can buy in leopard print, including a onesie." I will be spending the time between now and Christmas extolling the pleasures of new board games...

JeezyOrangePips Sat 20-Oct-12 22:37:41

Clemett, is your daughter channeling her inner Bet Lynch?

I had a pet ferret, it was adorable.

theotherboleyngirl Sat 20-Oct-12 22:37:53

when DS was 2... very articulate for his age... asked for various 'normal' things, including and guitar and then finished off with "and the letter A". Ok, right. Will just order one of them from Amazon.

This year (6) we have nothing between Bin Weevil cards at 75p and a Firebolt at about £160... and DT's who are going to be 3 aren't yet as clued up as their brother was a 2 so don't even know what Christmas is!

WorraLiberty Sat 20-Oct-12 22:38:24

clemett is your DD Julie Goodyear? grin

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:38:43

WorraLiberty Sat 20-Oct-12 22:40:05

I tried zoo membership for my kids too

But apparently they only take real animals hmm

grin

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:40:20

TheJiminyConjecture Sat 20-Oct-12 22:40:24

DD age 2 has just announced that she wants tissues for Christmas.

clemetteattlee Sat 20-Oct-12 22:40:50

At 7 she is a princess of tack. if its not leopard print it is an obsession with hairstyles, makeup and high heels. Where did I go wrong (handwringing emoticon)?!

exexpat Sat 20-Oct-12 22:41:34

DD (10) wants a snake or a lizard and her ears pierced. No chance of any of those. But I think she might manage to come up with a revised list of DVDs, Lego, Monster High crap figures etc.

clemetteattlee Sat 20-Oct-12 22:41:44

DS, on the other hand, wants to "become a Jedi" for Christmas, so that will be simpler confused

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:41:48

cece Sat 20-Oct-12 22:42:09

My DD asked for a beehive (with bees) when she was 9.

I told her they wouldn't sell me one as 9 year olds aren't allowed to own beehives. grin She hasn't mentioned it since.

JeezyOrangePips Sat 20-Oct-12 22:43:12

Last year my son wanted Jaffa cakes for Christmas. He's a teenager.

He got them, and then (of course) told everyone on Facebook. Missing out the other stuff he got at the same time...

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Sat 20-Oct-12 22:43:48

Corn snakes make brilliant pets. They're easy and rewarding to care for.

zipzap Sat 20-Oct-12 22:45:03

Last year, ds1's list (he was 6) was short...
1. To be made a real wizard so he could do real magic tricks and spells (think more along the lines of turning his little brother into a tortoise if he was annoying him or conjuring up vats of chocolate out of nothing for dinner, rather than guessing which card you chose from the pack or making a rabbit appear from a hat)

2. To be lord high master of the universe in charge of everybody and everything (would mean that he could choose when to have a bath and set his own bedtime, not eat his greens and make sure that everybody in the world stopped being nasty to each other and that no aliens invaded - certainly not short of ambition but interesting to see where his priorities lay grin)

3. A new pair of swimming goggles

Needless to say he got a toy magic wand with a light on the end which was quite fun, a bag of choc coins that he was allowed to eat whenever he wanted so long as his teeth were brushed last thing before bed and a new set of goggles grin. He did get some other presents too!

sweetkitty Sat 20-Oct-12 22:47:33

DD1 (8) wants an aerial for her TV as she cannot get to hear any of her programmes for the little ones fighting.

Avago Sat 20-Oct-12 22:48:30

Christmas used to stress me out completely because ds2 never chose anything that actually existed. He always wanted the reall bumblebee car or the real iron man suit etc. DS1 one had to sit down with him and the Argos catalogue and make him choose something real ( he insisted Santa could bring anything when I tried). He has very boring requests now...and it makes me a little sad sad

Aspiemum2 Sat 20-Oct-12 22:49:21

Dd1 always ends her list with " and a multipack of wotsits!" Ds1 has a very expensive list asking for every games console under the sun. You would think at 11, nearly 12 he would understand the phrase "you have enough consoles"

WelshMaenad Sat 20-Oct-12 22:52:54

They do stink a bit, aye. What about rats? We have four girlie rats, they are lovely and don't smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now