Talk

Advanced search

To worry about friends DD...?

(10 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Oct-12 21:41:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SilverCharm Sat 20-Oct-12 21:44:28

Yanbu...why don't you say something? I would. Get her some of those little storage drawers....the cadrboard ones...and say "Ooh I saw these and thought of your DDs little toys...you can keep them safe in here."

MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Oct-12 21:47:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puds11 Sat 20-Oct-12 21:48:12

Just tell her they are a choking hazard.

Yika Sat 20-Oct-12 21:51:35

I worry a lot about choking hazards - I have a colleague whose child choked to death (on food, not a toy, but still...).I would say something like 'shall we move these smaller things up here on the table while the little ones are playing?' or something like that so that it doesn't sound as though you're critising her. However if she's as oblivious as you say maybe you need to be more direct.

Yika Sat 20-Oct-12 21:53:53

Sorry, x posted. You have to be blunt. You can't tell her what to do with her child but you can say that you are not happy for your two to play with small objects, and insist that she keep them out of the way while you're there.

timothyclaypole Sat 20-Oct-12 22:00:21

I don't think you ABU but I can sympathise with her. I have a 3yo and 1yo. The 3yo now has toys that are unsuitable to be around the 1yo but keeping everything away from him can feeli like it's bordering on the impossible. Believe me, i do follow them round picking stuff up, but it can be a thankless task!

SilverCharm Sat 20-Oct-12 22:04:02

Not as thankless as a child choking. Tbh I avoid toys with tiny bits. A doctor once told me that if it can fit down the middle of a loo roll tube, then a child can choke on it.

Who'd a thunk it?

timothyclaypole Sat 20-Oct-12 23:29:23

I really really really try. He got a party bag with a powerball in it recently and I had to whip it out quickly before he saw it! I won't be buying him proper lego etc until DS2 is 3. We don't have anything that bad, but there are odd things such as felt-tip pen tops that I have to try and pick up asap.

And I insist that grapes and cherry tomatoes are cut up for both of them.

SilverCharm Sat 20-Oct-12 23:30:24

God I hate pen lids! I insist that they have the hole in the top...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now