Talk

Advanced search

To demand google earth come and take another picture of my house??

(36 Posts)
Wheresmygalaxy Sat 20-Oct-12 19:18:22

Weve had it painted you see, and on their site it currently looks like it did 8 years ago with overgrown bushes and leaves in the path, plus our old clapped out banger which weve now upgraded to a nice shiny newer one.

aibu to ask google earth to come back and photoshop our new house in place of the old wreck it was. obviously if theyd of give me some warning last time i could of tidied the front a bit and parked outside my neighbours so they'd of had to park their nice bmw outside my house smile.

im sure people google my address when i go for jobs and see this wreck and steer clear of inviting me in.

i think it should be made law google earth have to come back every so often to update pics smile

difficultpickle Sat 20-Oct-12 19:20:37

Google earth didn't come down our road and I'm glad they didn't. Why would you want your house clearly identifiable?

Wheresmygalaxy Sat 20-Oct-12 19:24:04

I just dont want the leaves and hideous paint colours from previous owners on show, now we've finally got it sorted, thats all grin

BalthierBunansa Sat 20-Oct-12 19:26:27

YANBU, how else will everyone know about my newly cemented drive and car!?!?!?

McHappyPants2012 Sat 20-Oct-12 19:27:32

Yanbu, since we have moved in 3 years ago my house looks totally different. I would like them to update my house picture

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sat 20-Oct-12 19:28:22

You can see my cat on google earth.

He's been dead 2 1/2 years sad

Hassled Sat 20-Oct-12 19:31:10

We can see Mad Old Witch Neighbour coming out of her front door, almost certainly so she could come to ours and tell us off for something we hadn't done, and then ask us why she was here.

She's in a nursing home now with Alzheimers, and I do miss the endless demands of Jack Daniels, the endless tellings-off and the endless asking me why she was here.

Meglet Sat 20-Oct-12 19:31:47

My sunflowers are huge in my google earth pic. They've never been as good since.

GranToAirMissiles Sat 20-Oct-12 19:31:56

Can't believe how neat my house looks.

squeakytoy Sat 20-Oct-12 19:32:14

look on the bright side, it might be less of a target to burglars who use streetview to plan which house to rob! grin

FayeKinitt Sat 20-Oct-12 19:32:34

The Streetview car came past me the other week when I was waiting to pull out of a junction. They're taking forever to upload the image - I want to see me!!

NickNacks Sat 20-Oct-12 19:33:11

Maybe they don't invite you for interviews because you write should of, they'd of and could of??

Iteotwawki Sat 20-Oct-12 19:34:20

Can't see my house on google earth at all smile all you can see is a half (badly) excavated hillside. Quite like it!

Wheresmygalaxy Sat 20-Oct-12 19:36:35

nicknacks It was a light hearted thread, maybe you "could of" pretended to have a sense of humour and not introduced an english lesson.

Schlock Sat 20-Oct-12 19:36:50

I waved my arms at a google car recently making myself look a fool in process.

Turns out it was one of those newfangled mobile traffic warden camera things blush

Rikalaily Sat 20-Oct-12 19:37:08

I got caught by the streetview car a few months ago having a cig at the front door blush

The ariel pic of our house is from about 7-8 years ago, wish they would update that one, lol.

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 20-Oct-12 19:39:07

My parents and my DSIL are both on goggle earth.

DDad because he's a nosey so and so and went out deliberately.

DSIL totally by accident as she parks a bit down the road and was walking to her car.

monkeywrench Sat 20-Oct-12 19:44:17

can't see my house either, which is just as well as its not supposed to be here.........smile

Wheresmygalaxy Sat 20-Oct-12 19:44:19

I'd love to be on it, its my clain to fame (as sad as it is), that my cat is sitting on a neighbours bin licking his bits.

so classy!

fossil97 Sat 20-Oct-12 19:50:18

They have just re-done our road, consequently they've got our house mid-extension with a skip, rubble bags and unpainted doors outside... for the next 5 years.

Even worse, one of those buy-an-exclusive-aerial-photo-of-your-house people knocked at the door the other night with a recent picture showing the building work in all its glory - er, I think I want to forget the last year actually!

ChristmasKate Sat 20-Oct-12 20:08:51

We have our old front garden and I really want my nice newish lawn instead of the tropical plant pebble shite that was here when we moved in.

Lueji Sat 20-Oct-12 20:14:23

YABU, because what you mean is Google Street View people.

Also, they photograph, not photoshop.

Could of is a minor thing. :-D

Squitten Sat 20-Oct-12 20:19:38

They've evidently been down my road very recently indeed because my neighbour's parking bollard things are there and he only put those in a few weeks ago.

You can also see our shameful front planter looking like a jungle!

Pictureperfect Sat 20-Oct-12 20:28:49

At least it's off putting to potential criminals!

CaliforniaLeaving Sat 20-Oct-12 21:16:33

Google earth came by our house for the first time a couple of weeks back, but it isn't showing on street view yet. Dh was out on the driveway washing up after doing some painting and can't wait to see himself even if his face is smudged out a bit. LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now