Talk

Advanced search

To feel a little hmm about lyrics of One Direction

(107 Posts)
lisad123 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:38:54

Unless I missed boat completely the lyrics to new song is all about having a one night stand with a girl.
I get a lot of songs are about sex, love ect, but their fans are very young, and lucky for me dd1 isnt a fan BUT feel uncomfortable about girls as young as 8 singing a song about "getting some"

Lyrics here

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 18:40:45

I am a bit hmm about One Direction TBH lisa. But those lyrics about 'getting some' makes me glad I have boy children. grin

gordyslovesheep Sat 20-Oct-12 18:41:32

My grandmother banned the song 'Whole Lotta Shakin'' ...

SilveryMoon Sat 20-Oct-12 18:41:53

Yes yes! I was the same when I first heard it lisa123 their fans are about 12 aren't they?

I've been thinking the same! Not a great example to be setting.

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 18:43:17

There was none of this in my day. Duran Duran lyrics were nonsense but not like that. And they wrote their own music, and they played instruments........ grin

Witchety Sat 20-Oct-12 18:44:16

Er, they are talking about love ... That's how I read it

TomsBentPinky Sat 20-Oct-12 18:44:19

Don't listen to them then. They are shit anyway.

Witchety Sat 20-Oct-12 18:45:40

The 'getting some' bit that is!!

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 18:50:23

Don't over-think, just let it go
And if we get together, yeah, get together
Don't let the pictures leave your phone, ohhhh

^That is a bit WTF?

lisad123 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:59:29

Hehe about getting love blush

3monkeys3 Sat 20-Oct-12 19:01:48

I don't listen to radio 1, so actually have not heard it myself, but my 34 year old DH was singing it the other day and I was a bit hmm about the lyrics. I think that given their main fan base is undoubtedly pre-teen/early teen, it's pretty awful.

Xnedra Sat 20-Oct-12 19:07:18

YANBU it was so much more wholesome in my day when we tried to dance to "I want to sex you up" in the playground.

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 19:08:29

'Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand' what's not to like? <old gimmer>

CrocodileDundee Sat 20-Oct-12 19:08:57

I think they are tying to get a more "grown up" fan base!

Shakey1500 Sat 20-Oct-12 19:11:48

YANBU. Too much too young you're married with a kid and you should be having fun <shows age>

I nearly fainted the other day when 5yr old DS started singing "I'm setsi and I know it" (sic). Some gentle probing revealed that it hadn't been played in the classroom but he'd still picked it up from a girl in his class singing it in the playground hmm

That, coupled with the fact he told me that "James can get the red bit of his willy out" has aged me 20 years this week!!

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 19:11:57

Ewww. But weirdly I am quite partial to a bit of McFly.

squoosh Sat 20-Oct-12 19:13:02

This has been the concern of parents since Elvis first wiggled his pelvis in shockingly indecent manner on the television.

One Direction are dire.

sparkling I heard Save a Prayer on the radio yesterday "some people call it a one night stand, but we can call it paradise"
<boak>
Funnily enough those words didn't even register in my 10 year old mind

Also played - Salt n Pepper "lets talk about sex baby"

Sex has always been in pop music you just notice it more as an adult

cornykrueger Sat 20-Oct-12 19:16:28

the spice girls sang about sex and they had a young following

One Direction are awful though. Particularly that Harry. He needs a good slap.

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Oct-12 19:16:36

I have the Rio CD on in the car at the moment, having read John Taylor's autobiography recently. I am having a bit of an 80s revival on my own. grin I had forgotten how bloody brilliant it was. Oh to be 16 again. sad

Strawhatpirate Sat 20-Oct-12 19:18:11

Is the "getting some" they are refering to definately about sex? They could be talking about getting some moshi monsters they look like they're all in year 7 ffs.

sparkling he was interviewed in Red magazine last month. He's ageing very well I must say.

cornykrueger Sat 20-Oct-12 19:19:46

grin moshi monsters

PrincessOfChina Sat 20-Oct-12 19:19:58

Take That has a popular album track called Guve Good Feeling. They used to perform it on tour complete with dance interpretations of how exactly each member Gave Good Feeling.

It's happened since time began.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now