Talk

Advanced search

to ask the ssme question somrone else did earlier about heating?

(10 Posts)
StillIRise Sat 20-Oct-12 18:09:32

Because I can't find it and I'm so cold I need the answer.

Is it more economical to leave the heating on constantly at 16° and turn it up if chilly in the evenings. Or have it on the timer?

StillIRise Sat 20-Oct-12 18:12:47

Sooooo cooooold.

StillIRise Sat 20-Oct-12 18:13:08

What do eskimos do?

GoSakuramachi Sat 20-Oct-12 18:14:47

they post in chat.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 20-Oct-12 18:14:56

You get differing opinions here!
My thought is that it is better to leave it on a timer if you have large chunks when you are out. Heat loss is proportional to heat difference so the longer you have your house kept at a warm temperature the more you are losing out of your walls.

However some houses take forever to warm up due and so although I believe it is cheaper to do the above, some people find it very hard to actually get their house up to comfy temps on a timer.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 20-Oct-12 18:15:26

Eskimos are actually Inuit and I don't know what they do. I am a pendant that lives in Canada.

Sal100 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:16:00

it depends on the house, how economical the boiler and radiators are. you could take a meter reading and leave heating on low for a few days and compare it to it being on timer and then decide what is best for you in your house.

StillIRise Sat 20-Oct-12 18:18:45

That is no help at all. Not even the canadian pendants. I am cold, grumpy and in discussion with dh who thinks he is right.
I'm thinking it is best to have it on all the time. At least I night be warm then.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 20-Oct-12 18:25:40

16 degrees is still cold though. I have mine on a timer for a few hours in the am and pm and the thermostat set to 18-20 degrees. If we feel cold at other times we can boost the heating to come on outwith the timer times.

CreamOfTomatoSoup Sat 20-Oct-12 19:58:36

The eskimos don't have central heating, it would melt their igloos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now