Talk

Advanced search

To want a bit of bloody privacy?

(14 Posts)
doinmummy Sat 20-Oct-12 12:27:18

So there I was post shower sitting cross legged, stark naked in front of my mirror , drying my hair . The next thing I hear my name. I nearly break my neck as my head spun towards the voice and there in the doorway is my fucking lodger!!!!!! I didn't hear her knock on the door. Ffs . I'm bloody starkers! I grabbed the nearest thing to cover myself- my bra which covered nothing at all! She just stood there and then seemed to come to her senses muttered sorry and shut the door. Surely if you knock on a door and there's no answer you don't just bloody well barge in.

cozietoesie Sat 20-Oct-12 12:29:28

It could have been worse - think of the things you might have been doing!

grin

But yes - YANBU.

doinmummy Sat 20-Oct-12 12:31:22

Traumatised , that's what I am. Thank god I was just drying my hair . She must have copped a real eye full blush

TeaBrick Sat 20-Oct-12 12:31:50

I think if you knock on a door to find out if anyone's in, and there's no answer, then you probably would assume no-one's in and enter. You need to get a lock though.

nananaps Sat 20-Oct-12 12:32:26

HA!

Feel like that when all i want is a poo in private and that kid of mine wants to ask me stuff the other side of the door..while trying the handle.

sigh

JazzyTheSnowman Sat 20-Oct-12 12:32:55

Err... no. Not unreasonable at all. It obviously could have waited since she didn't just tell you, she apologized and backed out.

There's an unwritten rule in my house where, if there's very loud music/a hairdryer/something noisy going on, you either knock loudly enough to be heard or you wait for a break in whatever the noise is.

JazzyTheSnowman Sat 20-Oct-12 12:33:39

Teabrick - it was obvious someone was there! The hairdryer was going lol!

cozietoesie Sat 20-Oct-12 12:34:23

Well..... Bathrooms I'd be a bit careful with - sort of edge in, opening the door just a crack. (And you'd have thought she'd have heard the hairdryer going if it was loud enough to drown out the sound of her knocking for the OP.)

cozietoesie Sat 20-Oct-12 12:34:54

Sorry - x posts.

NickNacks Sat 20-Oct-12 12:36:24

Assume no one was in and enter?

It's her bloody bedroom. If no one is in that's even more reason not to enter!!!

TeaBrick Sat 20-Oct-12 12:37:22

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that. Maybe she just wanted to see you naked then? Get a lock, and a new lodger.

apostropheuse Sat 20-Oct-12 12:40:23

Get one of those wee eye and hook affairs that you can keep the door shut with from the inside. I have one in my bedroom to keep toddlers out when I want a bit of peace and quiet - or when I'm getting dressed.

But YANBU - she should never have entered your room without a specific invitation!

squeakytoy Sat 20-Oct-12 12:52:06

she probably heard the hairdryer, and thought you might not hear her knock, and didnt expect you to be drying your hair in the nude.. no big deal really..

doinmummy Sat 20-Oct-12 13:35:48

She's probably moreblush than I am grin. She won't do that again in a hurry .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now