Talk

Advanced search

to find Nigella, James (Potato Head) Martin and Madhur Jaffrey irritating?

(21 Posts)
pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Sat 20-Oct-12 12:03:18

Gosh they are doing my head in this morning. Madhur and her omelette challenge resistance, Nigella and her 'golden confetti of chilli flakes', her 'beautiful red onion' and her false eyelashes.... and James Martin, well he is always irritating.

Is it just me?

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Sat 20-Oct-12 12:06:18

I love Nigella (possibly in a sexual way) but concur that James Martin is disturbing somehow. He creeps me out totally. Think it's the confusion he seems to have over whether he wants to be the ooopnorth version of cheeky chappy Oliver or something a bit posher. His pronunciation is weirdly mutating somehow.

Actually, he's just a fat boring fart without a USP.

Is MadderMadhur still alive? She must be about 90 surely?

helenthemadex Sat 20-Oct-12 12:06:26

no they are all annoying, and the girl in the Paris Kitchen is very false, will make more effort to find the remote next week and turn it off!

Nancy66 Sat 20-Oct-12 12:10:43

I hate Nigella.

She's not trained and her recipes are often shite - if it wasn't for the fact she virtually masturbates with her spatula then she'd never be on TV

freddiefrog Sat 20-Oct-12 12:11:31

Nigella is very irritating

She's just been wittering about feeling a primeval connection when cooking seafood.

WTF?

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Sat 20-Oct-12 12:13:43

grin oh yes, her recipes are very hit and miss.The pruney Christmas cake was re-pulsive.

freddiefrog Sat 20-Oct-12 12:15:45

And Jamie Oliver

He irritates me intensely but I'm not allowed to slag him off as he's a family friend

ScarahStratton Sat 20-Oct-12 12:16:32

She burnt her aubergines.

And was wittering on about pinches of sale. Pretentious cunt.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Oct-12 12:28:14

Ooooh, yes - Paris Kitchen Chef with her chocolate mousse. That bowl- enamel, chipped, looked like a dogbowl or a chamberpot envy <--vom face.

And the Great British Chef challenge judges- the man on the far left (thin, pink jumper today) "oh that's nothing special"
What The Jeff- pretentious git.
My foot would break before I got tired of kicking his smug head in (I stole that phrase from 8/10 cats)

pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Sat 20-Oct-12 12:30:42

and the three poncey twunts always criticising the food for the great buffet thing... who gets to eat those mythical buffets? The skinny one on the left seriously needs to chill out, he is so bloody uptight.

fatlazymummy Sat 20-Oct-12 12:31:57

I was watching an old Nigella programme from a few years ago, funny how she seemed to talk like anyone else then [except just a tiny bit posher]. So yes, she is fake fake fake nowadays. I don't watch James Martin, his voice sends me to sleep. I can't say I've seen much of Maddhur so can't comment on her.
I personally find Jamie Oliver very annoying,especially when he's being 'one of the boys' [just cringy]. His food may well be lovely, up to the point when he pours the obligatory pint of olive oil over it. And we don't all have massive vegetable gardens or have local fishmongers with hundreds of different varieties.

Sharksandfishes Sat 20-Oct-12 12:34:35

I have a huuuuge crush on James Martin! blush

He's not on Australian tv at allsad

manticlimactic Sat 20-Oct-12 12:37:00

I watched them all this morning. Now normally I quite like Nigella but her little mmmms all the time and her pretend parties really annoy the hell out of me lately

And the chocolate mousse woman. What were those things again that se coated the glass and topped the mousse with? Cocoa what? She said it twice and still didn't understand.

scripsi Sat 20-Oct-12 12:39:11

Glad it's not just me who found Saturday Kitchen etc unbearable today. James Martin interviewing people - just so inane and inept (talking over answers etc., asking an actor when her play was "out").

pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Sat 20-Oct-12 12:51:17

manticlimatic it was cocoa nibs, you find them in health food shops. I like them (in cereals) but they are bitter.
I used to like James Martin too, but lately I just find him so full of himself and unfunny (and he loves driving fast sporty cars)... Nigella has definitely stepped up the ridiculous analogies... I don't mind a couple here and there, but everything is just sooooo wonderfully something or other, she must be on some happy pills.

Cahoots Sat 20-Oct-12 13:00:42

sad Nigella YANBU
sad Mahur YANBU
confused James Martin meh, YA neither BU or NBU

And, just in case you were wondering.....
sad Jamie Oliver
sadsadsadsad Gorden Ramsey sadsadsadsad sadsadsadsad
sad Rick Stein
sad Delia Smith
sad Hugh Furnley wernley (whatever he is called)
sadRaymond Blanc
confused hasten blumethal
smile hairy bikers
smile Angela hartnet
sadsadsadsad athony Worral Thompson sadsadsadsad
sad Gary Rhodes
smile Keith flloyd in his early TV days
confused roux bros

It seems I have a problem with a lot of chefs. hmm

flipflopper Sat 20-Oct-12 13:17:32

ugh i cant stand James Martin, he is so patronising!

Showing Michelle thingy the cornflour "this is cornflour- you can use it to thicken sauce" ... no shit sherlock- she lives in the world!
And going on and on about the crab- she hates crab!!

His accent is awful- Im from up north, and something is not right with the way he talks. He says butter like batter.

Hes not a natural presenter at all ,cant understand why people find him attractive at all?

Why is Nigella even famous for cooking? If she wasnt trained how was she discovered?

MrsReiver Sat 20-Oct-12 13:27:20

I loved James Martin until he did that Hospital Food program and there was a rogue apostrophe in the sign for the new canteen. Very disappointed.

MrsReiver Sat 20-Oct-12 13:28:22

Programme. I should really proof read my posts when I'm criticising others. smile

queenrollo Sat 20-Oct-12 13:51:35

I stopped watching Madhur on anything after I watched one of her cookery programmes where she said 'and this ingredient is a mix of spices, but it's my family secret so I can't share it with you'.........sooooooo how the jeff am I supposed to flavour this curry then? It's just going to taste shit isn't it? I'm watching your programme precisely because I am learning to cook Indian food.
(we do have her veggie cookbook and it's great, but that one event put me off ever watching her again)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now