Talk

Advanced search

Should we take the passive aggressive wi-fi name route with our neighbours?

(29 Posts)
AgentZigzag Fri 19-Oct-12 22:52:16

Our neighbours next door stopped talking to us about four years ago (well...her four years, him about six months ago), but we've never worked out exactly what went on.

Nothing happened, she just wouldn't stop and chat any more. They do weird things like if they're going out at the same time as us we've seen him peek round the corner of the house to make sure we've gone grin DD1 saw him doing it and we both turned to stare at him, but he just stayed there, peering at us grin

We don't want to ask them outright because a) by not saying anything to us they've not made it any of our business/responsibility b) don't want to get into an outright dispute with them c) we're unsociable so couldn't give a rats arse what they think.

But I came across this last night (especially like the sophisticated 'We can hear you having sex' grin) about the rise of PA wi-fi names and thought it could be the answer to our curiosity?

Got any ideas how to word it? Obviously can't be too explicit because all the other neighbours would be able to read it, so wouldn't be able to come outright and say 'WTF have we done??' grin

Maybe it'd give me a few ideas if you were to tell me what you'd say to your neighbours through what you named your wi-fi connection?

whathasthecatdonenow Fri 19-Oct-12 22:55:43

"You are in your 40s, stop with the Eminem at 2am"

gordyslovesheep Fri 19-Oct-12 22:57:30

with my (30 something single house full of male PE teachers) neighbours ...'I so would ...just knock ...milf next door'

UltraBOF Fri 19-Oct-12 22:57:52

WhatDidWeEverDoToYou?

mutny Fri 19-Oct-12 22:58:00

'you do know most people frown on people doing 'that'

IvorHughJackolantern Fri 19-Oct-12 22:59:06

Ours would be called 'We hate your fucking extension but we never mentioned it. So shove our fence up your arse. And pink hair doesn't suit you. Bint.'

Which probably isn't snappy enough, so I should possibly just stick to sending them anonymous notes (I don't, by the way).

Er, hows aboots: 'We never liked you anyway'? or... 'We can see you peeping round the corner.'

These are rubbish. Sorry!

UnrequitedSkink Fri 19-Oct-12 23:00:59

Dh changed ours today to 'one family 5 cars, and not one of you can park'

catgirl1976 Fri 19-Oct-12 23:01:28

What about

"It's so fuuunnnyyyy.........that we don't taaaaaaaaaaaallllllllk anymore"

catgirl1976 Fri 19-Oct-12 23:02:44

Although mine would be called

"Why the fuck do you walk round your tiny front garden in your gym gear for up to an hour at a time. Go for a run like everyone else you loon"

AgentZigzag Fri 19-Oct-12 23:07:27

Or 'I always feel. like. somebody's watching meeee' catgirl.

It was weird him spying, I didn't think it mattered that much to them.

Mine would be

"Turn your tv down and maybe you would hear your fucking door, or do you not want your parcel???"

IvorHughJackolantern Fri 19-Oct-12 23:13:12

Off topic a bit, but my Aunt (mum's SIL) hasn't spoken to my dad since Christmas 1989 when he offered her an After Eight.

Why? WHY? No one knows. She's certainly not telling.

edam Fri 19-Oct-12 23:15:45

grin at the after eight story - please never ask your Aunt, it's such a great mystery the answer is bound to be disappointing.

VinegarTits Fri 19-Oct-12 23:20:24

my old neighbours (ive moved now) 'we know you sell drugs you belong in jail'

Maybe After eights were some sort of sexual advance "code" in the eighties grin

AgentZigzag Fri 19-Oct-12 23:30:48

grin at the After Eight that broke the camels back.

Your family must have some theories Ivor?

Softlysoftly Fri 19-Oct-12 23:43:30

Gordy got a spare bed? grin

Mine would be "deal with your bindweed or I'll strangle you with it in your sleep"

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Oct-12 00:04:16

Our bindweed down the back is out of control Softly - I try not to look grin

Have you stopped talking to your neighbours about it? Say...in the last four years? grin

QuacksForDoughnuts Sat 20-Oct-12 00:43:49

If I'd sorted out wifi in my old place it would have been 'combatbootsandmotorheadat7amifyoudontshutup' - my favoured tactic if neighbours/housemates kept me awake at night...

QuacksForDoughnuts Sat 20-Oct-12 00:44:25

And ex's would've been 'didyoureallymurderyourwife' because for some reason he suspected his neighbour of that.

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Oct-12 00:55:47

Oooh, need more on the murder suspect Quacks shock

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Oct-12 00:57:41

We did think the neighbour bloke had done away with his wife for a while, we hadn't seen her for so long.

It could have been her avoiding us though, thinking on it grin

Softlysoftly Sat 20-Oct-12 01:06:47

hmm zigzag have you posted a picture of my bedroom taken from your bedroom through my door in a weird and threatening manner because I blocked your planning application?

If so sort your fucking bindweed out!

Lueji Sat 20-Oct-12 01:14:20

I'd just put
"Hi neighbour"
and possibly
"still alive?"

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 20-Oct-12 01:14:32

I'd change mine to "you can only hear us because you're not getting any" in your position ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now