Talk

Advanced search

To really wish Osbourne had used the word "Pleb"

(67 Posts)
kim147 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:59:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lolaflores Fri 19-Oct-12 19:01:25

If we wish really hard....
In my case it made Mitchell go. It did! I wished very hard and burned a paper effigy of him

kaytola Fri 19-Oct-12 19:01:42

Disgusting but Mitchell resigning should keep him off the front pages in the morning.

kim147 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:02:39

Jinsei Fri 19-Oct-12 19:34:19

I bet the Labour party can't believe their luck! Talk about playing directly into the hands of the opposition. He's an idiot!

Northey Fri 19-Oct-12 19:36:50

What on earth is the problem? He went to first class and bought an upgrade. Like anyone can do, and like I do myself quite often. confused

IvorHughJackolantern Fri 19-Oct-12 19:38:19

Northey - he didn't want to pay for the upgrade. That's the problem. His aide argued with the ticket bloke for ages whilst a reporter, unbeknownst to them, updated her Twitter audience with the exchange. The only reason he paid was because the guard wouldn't budge.

Northey Fri 19-Oct-12 19:40:00

The article doesn't say that, and nor does the statement from virgin trains. Are you sure?

UnimaginitiveDadThemedUsername Fri 19-Oct-12 19:40:29

This wasn't Virgin West Coast, by any chance?

UnimaginitiveDadThemedUsername Fri 19-Oct-12 19:40:55

It was? Oh, excellent.

What I dont understand is why he had a standard ticket in the first place?

KelperRose Fri 19-Oct-12 19:46:33

boy's a dick.

kim147 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:47:42

ChoccyJules Fri 19-Oct-12 19:48:57

Apprently he had a standard ticket as there's been a Tory memo telling them all not to buy first class so as not to p off the plebs. Also I don't think they can claim for first class anymore.

IvorHughJackolantern Fri 19-Oct-12 19:49:28

Northey, I read it in the Daily Mail, it must be true grin

Jinsei Fri 19-Oct-12 19:50:14

I can't understand why he had standard class tickets either. If he was intending to pay for first class tickets from the outset, why didn't he just buy them in the first place?

TalkinPeace2 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:53:47

The story comes from the live twitter feed of a journalist who saw the whole thing

Serves Gideon Wallpaper right.

"We're all in it together"
"I cannot travel in standard class"

Northey Fri 19-Oct-12 19:54:15

grin Ivor!

It really does show his attitude. He is superior. His fellow rich people are superior. Heaven forbid he should come into contact with the commoners.

He clearly hoped he could get off with paying standard and sitting in first. He didnt think that maybe the ticket collector was struggling to make ends meet himself at the hands of the government.

LividDil Fri 19-Oct-12 20:01:15

Northey Fri 19-Oct-12 20:03:28

I just really can't believe someone would expect to be able to do tha. Especially a senior politician, who would have a reasonable radar for what would be acceptable behaviour and what wouldn't.

Jinsei Fri 19-Oct-12 20:04:32

Having just read the updated story on the BBC website, it looks like the journalist who tweeter was rather stretching the truth. hmm He apparently went to the first class carriage as he'd missed his earlier train and didn't have a seat reservation. His aide then reportedly sought out the ticket inspector in order to pay the upgrade. So rather unfortunate for poor Gideon but the mud will stick anyway because he is so out of touch with ordinary people.

I hate the Tories but it's bad form on the part of the journalist who broke this story if she just made it up!

Jinsei Fri 19-Oct-12 20:05:53

Tweeted, not tweeter. Bloody auto correct!

kim147 Fri 19-Oct-12 20:08:16

Jinsei Fri 19-Oct-12 20:12:31

According to the BBC, she wasn't even in the same carriage!

It's very unfair (and unprofessional) if she has fabricated the story but I find it impossible to find any pity in my heart for George Osbourne. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now