Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect DH to take me out for our 21st wedding anniversary

(11 Posts)
offlikearocket Fri 19-Oct-12 16:55:59

Just that really, today marks 21 years of misery marriage and both of us work hard, but he seems to get all he bloody wants and I get to do the drudge of everyday living. All I want is a bit of recognition and to feel valued and special and I get a big fat nothing.

WorraLiberty Fri 19-Oct-12 16:57:26

Happy Anniversary thanks

Do you plan on taking him out?

cheekydevil Fri 19-Oct-12 16:58:19

Have some thanks from me and buy yourself something nice.

Euphemia Fri 19-Oct-12 16:58:50

If he's not delivered in 21 years, it's not magically going to happen, is it?

It sounds like you have bigger issues to deal with than the etiquette surrounding an anniversary.

BadgersGhostlyRetreatWoo Fri 19-Oct-12 16:59:52

book a table and tell him you're going out for dinner

congratulations wine

luckylavender Fri 19-Oct-12 17:16:08

It's my 21st Wedding Anniversary today too! (We're not going out either but will probably stretch to a takeaway)

zombieplanmum Fri 19-Oct-12 17:16:44

why do you describe your marriage as 21 years of misery? im not sure i'd want to celebrate that. Is it just beause you are miffed because he is crap about anniversaries, if thats the case then YOU organise something that you'll both enjoy(make him pay of course wink) forget that he is pants and enjoy it. If it really is 21 years of misery, this needs addressing.

TinyDancingHoofer Fri 19-Oct-12 17:18:50

Maybe he got the vibe that you weren't feeling celebratory about this.

offlikearocket Fri 19-Oct-12 17:44:18

I have asked him out, he won't go, he expects me to cook his bloody tea.

zombieplanmum Fri 19-Oct-12 17:48:32

err, fuck that for a game, book a night out with the girls and enjoy yourself - you need a reward after putting up with that cunt for 21 years!

nonkybonk Fri 19-Oct-12 17:49:27

In that case do as Badgers says and mention he's welcome or he can look in fridge. Enjoy yourself regardless, sounds like you've earned it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now