Talk

Advanced search

to be secretly a little bit proud of myself?

(32 Posts)
MrsMc82 Fri 19-Oct-12 16:53:14

Todays the first day in yonks that I've been a fully functioning normal person!!!
Had a flare up of depression that started 4 weeks ago and have been of work since (long story short version is had pnd since Sept 2010, came of antiDs (under the GP) and it didn't 'work' so back on them now but taken while to 'kick in')
Todays the first time in 4 weeks that I've managed on my own to get up and dressed at normal time (for 8am ish) get 2.9DS to swimming class, cook decent dinner and tea for DS (as opposed to frozen crap stuff), get dinner prepped for me and DH, do the hoovering, (just one load of) washing and had NO NAP (tiredness has been killing me this time round)..... I'm really proud of myself, this time last week I went to a friends for coffee and cried buckets when DS has a wee accident, anything not going to plan was sending me into a flat spin, whereas today I've managed to deal with a leaking washing machine and DS accidentally smashing a pyrex jug in the kitchen without a tear!
I feel like a normal person! Horrah!!

MrsKeithRichards Fri 19-Oct-12 16:54:12

Well done!

foreverondiet Fri 19-Oct-12 16:54:20

smile am proud of you too! smile

lurkedtoolong Fri 19-Oct-12 16:56:34

Well done. You should be proud of yourself.

tak1ngchances Fri 19-Oct-12 16:58:14

Hip hip hooray!! That is all absolutely excellent. High five

troubador Fri 19-Oct-12 16:59:53

Well done, that's brilliant! Your post has really cheered me up. You sound like you are doing brilliantly. Onwards and upwards smile

aleene Fri 19-Oct-12 17:00:56

smile brilliant!

HappyJustToBe Fri 19-Oct-12 17:12:36

YANBU at all. Well done!

UltraBOF Fri 19-Oct-12 17:17:23

That's fantastic- good for you. Don't be discouraged if you feel a bit wiped tomorrow, but hopefully you'll have more and more days like that now. Good luck!

PinkFairyDust Fri 19-Oct-12 17:18:44

That's really made me smile!
Well done you!

Pancakeflipper Fri 19-Oct-12 17:19:49

<high fives MrsMc>

Yeahhhhhhh. You take it easy tonight and as already said don't worry if tomorrow isn't so productive, you will have more and more brighter days.

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Fri 19-Oct-12 17:20:48

Bollocks to both "secretly" and "a little bit" tbh - you've done great!

Remember this feeling, remember that you can feel like this. The black dog will try and come back but you know you're stronger, this is your proof

thanks

brightermornings Fri 19-Oct-12 17:22:24

Well done grin

NickyNackyNooNoo Fri 19-Oct-12 17:25:27

Brilliant, well done you BUT you should be obviously really really proud not secretly grin

nonkybonk Fri 19-Oct-12 17:34:15

Marvellous. Leaky washing machine would've made me near tears before broken glass so be well and proud. You're getting there.

cappucinogirl4 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:37:05

Well done Mrs.My Ad's are just kicking in and these past 2 days I 've not had any anxiety at all.Feels like quite an achievement so I know how you feel.onwards and upwards!

soontobemumofthree Fri 19-Oct-12 17:49:18

No secret pride needed.
Here's to more good days for you and cappucinogirl brew

EightToSixer Fri 19-Oct-12 17:51:48

Be proud of your pride, well done.

Just remember to take it easy this weekend and don't feel bad for relaxing a bit if you feel tired from today's burst of energy.

mumofthemonsters808 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:55:34

Great news, onwards and upwards

rollmeover Fri 19-Oct-12 18:16:00

Well done you!

MrsMangoBiscuit Fri 19-Oct-12 18:19:41

I just wanted to add my voice. Well done, that's a really big achievement.

Hooleywhipper Fri 19-Oct-12 18:21:00

Well done be proud,very proud. Big achievement

MrsMc82 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:21:39

youre all SUPER lovely thanks v v v much - had a bit of a happy tear reading all your lovely-ness grin
you're right about being wiped out, tonight even never mind tomorrow!
nearly posted on fb in fit of not-so-secret-pride but much easier less annoying to show off in secret on mn! but DH just told me that he's RL proud of me.... i'll take that....
sends high fives to cappucinogirl too grin
thanks again

Flumpyflumps Fri 19-Oct-12 18:27:03

Yeah!! Good job Mrs!! I was actually about to take self to bed in a fit of 'I can't cope' as have recently come off AD but you know what? If you can do it so can I.
Nice to hear positive story xx

complexnumber Fri 19-Oct-12 18:33:44

Now... are you sure you turned the oven off?

Well done, better than I could do! (actually, that's not saying very much at all)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now