Talk

Advanced search

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, I am disgusting, AIBU to neck 50 pints of brain bleach?

(88 Posts)
HoneyDragon Fri 19-Oct-12 16:37:23

I have just gone to dispose of wee in the potty and tripped over the bloody bathmat that I was supposed to have washed today but forgot

I managed a kind of hop and save so that the potty and wee went in the sink.

All over my toothbrush hmm

But thats not the gross bit. The gross bit was I have actually just weighed up the pro's and cons of either cleaning and using my toothbrush vs borrowing dh's until I can be bothered to fetch a new one.

Seriously? At what point did I stoop to the level where I consider which is preferable, a piss on toothbrush used by myself, or a toothbrush used by my husband.

AIBU to ask which you'd pick?
Offsprings piss or OH mouth germs?

WitchesWreakinHavoc Fri 19-Oct-12 16:39:00

My dp and I share a toothbrush so no comparison for me blush

BatCave Fri 19-Oct-12 16:39:27

I think I'd go for offsprings piss shock given the choice

Sad but true, if it's any consolation I absentmindedly ate a bogie my toddler gave me while I was busy trying to get baby to latch on earlier...

cheekydevil Fri 19-Oct-12 16:40:02

God, I would go with the piss

HoneyDragon Fri 19-Oct-12 16:40:04

Batcave That helps, thankyou grin

WorraLiberty Fri 19-Oct-12 16:40:55

I'm sure you've shared more than just your DH's toothbrush in the past wink

I don't see the problem with using it as long as he doesn't mind?

BadgersGhostlyRetreatWoo Fri 19-Oct-12 16:42:57

my DH keeps using my toothbrush by mistake thicko as his is the BLUE one ffs so it's a no brainer for me

terribly bad luck though honey

BatCave Fri 19-Oct-12 16:43:56

You evidently haven't seen my husbands toothbrush Worra ;)

HoneyDragon - happy to be of service!

Bleurgh, would rather go with fresh baby wee (when toothbrush has been washed in hot soapy water, obviously) than use my oh's uncleaned toothbrush. Not that there's anything wrong with him, I just don't do sharing of toothbrushes!

valiumredhead Fri 19-Oct-12 16:46:12

You share a toothbrush???? Eeeeek! <faints!>

Latara Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:20

Go to the corner shop. Buy a new toothbrush.

Do not choose either of the other 2 choices... nooooo....

lljkk Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:26

I always have spare toothbrushes in the cabinet.
See? Hoarding instincts ARE a good thing.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:26

I'd take my chances with the pissy toothbrush tooblush

I have a real aversion to the sharing of toothbrushes, it's just not right! Can't explain it, just think its really rank.....

Lueji Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:58

Urine is sterile, and you have already been in contact (one assumes) with your OH's mouth germs.

Either should be fine.

grin

howelsabout Fri 19-Oct-12 16:50:32

i can understand sharing a toothbrush in such circumstaces but to only have one between you both is just gross

OTheEldritchManateesOfMadness Fri 19-Oct-12 16:51:08

DH toothbrush. No contest.

CaliforniaLeaving Fri 19-Oct-12 16:51:33

Ewwww sharing toothbrushes. I keep new ones in the cupboard I buy a multipack in case of accidental dropping into the loo (it has happened in my house so I am now prepared)
I'd just go shopping an get my own.

Dunk wee toothbrush in boiling water and use that. I've seen the state of dh's and I'd take wee any day.

And bogey eating mummy - I have been known to clear a very snotty baby's nose by, um, sucking on it, so you're not alone. If that helps.

HoneyDragon Fri 19-Oct-12 16:55:12

Mine is the last spare tooth brush.

I keep think pee is preferable to dh mouth germs, but then I do put my tongue in his mouth.

CaptainKirksNipples Fri 19-Oct-12 16:56:01

Really? DH's obviously! Why would you choose pee germs over mouth germs you have shared before?

CaptainKirksNipples Fri 19-Oct-12 16:56:47

Really had to resist the urge to say I've had worse in my mouth btw!

peeriebear Fri 19-Oct-12 16:59:45

Because I don't lick his teeth clean when I kiss him! I'd wash and use the baby wee one!

EricNorthmansFangBanger Fri 19-Oct-12 17:00:08

Batcave - you've really made me giggle, thank you thanks

I think I'd either go buy a new one or, the more likely option, share DH's after rinsing it thoroughly grin

NickNacks Fri 19-Oct-12 17:01:48

Am I the only one who'd rather not brush my teeth?

hhhhhhh Fri 19-Oct-12 17:01:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now