Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have put shitty clothes straight into the washing machine??

(39 Posts)
doublecakeplease Fri 19-Oct-12 08:29:25

Mentioned to Mum that DS (9 months) had leaked spectacularly from his nappy whilst bouncing about in his walker. Her immediate answer was 'well that's you with a sink full of laundry then...'

I was a bit hmm about it - I'd peeled them off him and chucked them straight in the washer - Mum was disgusted - said I should have washed them by hand in the sink and then soaked them at least overnight - am I now Queen of slatterns??

MyLastDuchess Fri 19-Oct-12 08:31:26

Nah, washing machines these days can handle it. It's not like in our parents' day when they had to soak all the nappies etc.

IvorHughJackolantern Fri 19-Oct-12 08:31:39

I usually wash the excess poo off in the bath then vanish the stain then chuck 'em in the machine. Although in the past when DS has had exploding diahorreah twenty times in a day (he seems to be prone to tummy bugs hmm) I've just thrown them straight in.

strawberrypenguin Fri 19-Oct-12 08:33:06

Nope, straight in the washing machine is what I do to!

MrsKeithRichards Fri 19-Oct-12 08:33:19

Nah yanbu.

That's what washing machines are for.

It might be a generation thing, my mother can't get over me not soaking my nappies. It's enough having a bin full of dirty nappies without them being wet as well!

Shutupanddrive Fri 19-Oct-12 08:33:31

I usually rinse the poo off in the bath too then chuck it in machine before it has a chance to dry, same with sick!

doublecakeplease Fri 19-Oct-12 08:36:11

Oh thanks buggery - I was having sleep deprived visions of being told 'you're a dirty bitch - go forth and bleach your poor washing machine...' ;)

BertieBotts Fri 19-Oct-12 08:36:27

I did washing machine when DS was tiny too. Now he's older and does real poo, if there are any accidents I find it better to chuck the soiled stuff in, run through a rinse and spin and then put the rest of the load in and wash normally. Otherwise everything tends to come out with a slight eau de wee.

Bunbaker Fri 19-Oct-12 08:36:52

I would have rinsed the worst off by hand before chucking in the washing machine. Imagine all those bits of poo sticking to all the other clothes in the washer - ewww!

VerySmallSqueak Fri 19-Oct-12 08:37:15

Depends on the quantities.If there's a lot I would probably rinse under the bath taps or scrape off.

Yep, straight in the washing machine here, on a hot wash.

RillaBlythe Fri 19-Oct-12 08:37:30

You might have to pick the chunks out of the rubber seal.

Iggly Fri 19-Oct-12 08:38:50

YANBU although anything solid I remove first - in the same way you would for food...

valiumredhead Fri 19-Oct-12 08:39:56

I always hand wash anything like that first then into the machine.

SilverCharm Fri 19-Oct-12 08:40:34

As long as no solids there, I would have put it in the machine too. If there were chunks, they should have been removed first.

valiumredhead Fri 19-Oct-12 08:40:39

You might have to pick the chunks out of the rubber seal

^^that's why! grin I was trying to find a polite way of saying it!

ValiumQueen Fri 19-Oct-12 08:42:54

I have a poo bucket that I wash stuff out in first, and pour contents down the loo. I use washable nappies though, so am in a routine with it. Same with vomit.

HorraceTheOtter Fri 19-Oct-12 08:43:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KelperRose Fri 19-Oct-12 08:50:47

err no one hand wash baby poop clothes these days?

wash off/rinse off the worst of the offending shit.

Then sick it in the wahing machine

That is why they were invented .........to wash dirty clothes

CelineMcBean Fri 19-Oct-12 08:51:36

Remove solids <<ahem>> then round on a rinse cycle. Occasionally chuck in some disinfectant if particularly bad. Then add rest of laundry and wash on normal cycle as hot as clothes will allow. This is not the time to be washing at 30 degrees.

Do make sure you give your pipes a good flush every so often on a very hot wash. I have been known to add thin bleach, disinfectant or white vinegar to the monthly machine clean.

Works fine for nappies and now toddler accidents

valiumredhead Fri 19-Oct-12 08:52:14

It never bothered me tbh,I can think of much worse things you have to do as a parent.

KelperRose Fri 19-Oct-12 08:52:55

stick in not sick it in ..............although I would be sick at the site of random watery poo

Cahoots Fri 19-Oct-12 08:55:10

I second whatcelinemacbean says.

poocatcherchampion Fri 19-Oct-12 08:55:25

Those of you who rinse in the bath - doesn't that mean you then have to clean the bath??

MrsReiver Fri 19-Oct-12 08:57:21

YANBU, I have a son with encopresis and at the height of it shitty pants went straight in the washing machine. I'd do an extra rinse before drying and chuck white vinegar in an empty cycle once a month to flush the pipes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now