Talk

Advanced search

to want to vandalise every car on the double yellows...

(36 Posts)
IWishIWasSheRa Thu 18-Oct-12 22:59:07

outside school? I want to keep a can of shaving foam in my pocket and spray a bloody great cross on the windscreen of every inconsiderate bastard that forces us to walk out from behind a parked car to cross the road!
It creates a bottleneck for the other cars so they can't see us, they don't listen to the schools pleas, and the council do occasional ticket visits but they are so bloody visible they act as a deterrent for that day only! Then there are also the Disabled badges which are legally allowed on the single yellow lines, I understand but it doesn't make it any safer- and one of the mums leaves her disabled mother in the car- so surely if the person requiring the badge isn't leaving the car there is no requirement to be on the line!

I'm sure every school has this problem but tonight I needed a rant! I know it would be a v bad example to actually get the shaving foam out but I like the idea of their self important faces when they get back to their cars (not the disabled badge owners, the jumped up parents who are too busy to park safely!)

Any better ideas?

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Thu 18-Oct-12 23:00:39

Take photos of the car registration numbers, along with the double yellow lines. Then report them.

threesocksonathreeleggedwitch Thu 18-Oct-12 23:01:27

Yanbu
and some one with a BB can only park on a yellow line if they are not causing an obstruction

ScarahStratton Thu 18-Oct-12 23:03:00

I live next door to a school.

From a previous thread, I have learnt the errors of my way and will no longer hurl abuse at the cuntweasels that regularly park across my driveway. In future, I will be taking photographs of the offenders and posting them on a Facebook page I will set up for solely this purpose.

I will be calling it The School's Name - life next door. smile

McHappyPants2012 Thu 18-Oct-12 23:03:15

I drive my DC to school now and again, there is a free car park 2 minutes from the school with plenty of parking yet everyone parks right out side the school.

I like the Shaving foam idea ,<not that i am encouraging it>

IWishIWasSheRa Thu 18-Oct-12 23:06:20

Scarah- brilliant!!
Ladymary- I did that tonight and rang the council- they didn't want the details, they told me they would send the camera car out sometime next week but they could not act on public photos. Who's best to report to?

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Oct-12 23:08:11

Not forgetting the parking website with the rude name. wink

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 18-Oct-12 23:08:37

Shaving foam? No, chocolate yogurt and a hot day. Just saying <whistles innocently>

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Oct-12 23:09:56

Here Rude parking website.

ChristmasKate Thu 18-Oct-12 23:11:43

Don't get me started, seriously. I had to direct fucking traffic this morning because of selfish inconsiderate parking and driving.

I was fuming, a little bit of rain and everyone turns into a selfish dick, I raged all the way to work and also penned a great letter in my head for next months newsletter.

Would you like a taxi driver to swear & curse, demand payment and lob you out with bag and lunchbox in a traffic jam on a rare night out? NO? That is what many on our school run encounter.

Deep breath for bedtime, flame me all you like but need my sleep to be able to deal with another school run hell before work in the morning.

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Thu 18-Oct-12 23:13:48

Can you name and shame them? Yellow lines are there for a reason.

crackcrackcrak Thu 18-Oct-12 23:20:06

Yan even slightly bu. I live extremely close to a school which is one of those desirable schools. So naturally all the side roads are rammed with Chelsea tractors.
I will be leaving my car at home and rush walking dd to school, otherwise I will explode in the v first day.

quoteunquote Thu 18-Oct-12 23:23:29

http://youparklikeacunt.com/

Jolly good place to put photos of selfish parkers, and leave a flyer telling them where to find a record of their behaviour.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 18-Oct-12 23:25:07

Can I suggest you leave them all a note as well?

CaliforniaLeaving Thu 18-Oct-12 23:28:31

I happens at our school too, they park in an emergency vehicle zone, making the hill from the car park one lane only, drives me batty. I did notice a note to everyone came home saying not to park there, but they stop for a week then go right back to it.

SkippyYourFriendEverTrue Thu 18-Oct-12 23:33:08

Get some of those incredibly sticky notes that are impossible to remove and leave them on their windscreen

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Thu 18-Oct-12 23:37:36

Ds once made me buy bought some fake parking stickers from the joke shop. grin

McHappyPants2012 Thu 18-Oct-12 23:42:28

i do think the government should do a shocking ad.

what worries me the most is people park infront of the gates and block off a main road, if there was a fire or someone who was in need of an ambulance around that time there will be no way they could get through.

ScarahStratton Thu 18-Oct-12 23:45:32

Oh I have not forgotten YPLAC.com, I will be sharing the happy snaps with them too Sparkling. grin

I wonder if posters would be good. A monthly round up of Parking Cunts, pinned on one of my driveway pillars <muses>

Chelvis Fri 19-Oct-12 07:57:11

Lipstick or chapstick is a nightmare to wash off windscreens. Especially if you write the word 'TWAT' in two foot high letters. Just saying (whistles innocently).

OddBoots Fri 19-Oct-12 08:04:20

Most of the ones around here sit in their cars when parked up and avoid eye contact as people struggle to get by and fling wide their doors completely blocking the path as they get their precious darlings in and out.

There is no car park but the next road is one with plenty of parking space has a wider road and pavement so they's not block anyone, the annoying thing is that it's the selfish parking which makes it more dangerous than it was to walk to the next road.

CwtchesAndCuddles Fri 19-Oct-12 08:57:22

I too live very close to a primary school - lazy parents parking over my drive (I have to take ds to special school every morning) drive me nuts. The school tries but some of the parents are just lazy selfish idiots who think the rules are for everyone else and not for them! Argggggg!!!!!!

ScarahStratton Fri 19-Oct-12 09:17:42

I think it's illegal to actually write/stick things on a car sad

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Fri 19-Oct-12 09:25:05

Another mum from DS school took pictures of them all everyday for a week and put them on Facebook and sent them in to the local paper to name and shame them! It didn't stop them but it made her feel better though

FireOverBabylon Fri 19-Oct-12 09:33:12

I'm sure I've heard on FlyBaby about a mother who was trying to get sun cream off her car when her small DDs "helped" her by washing the car with it.....

Also, could you send copies of the reg plate photos to the school head and ask them, in order to ensure the safety of their pupils, to police this area during drop-off and pick up times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now