Talk

Advanced search

To ask about nappy rash?

(14 Posts)
ExterminateYou Thu 18-Oct-12 13:49:24

I know its not the place but more traffic/mums here. Ds is 12 months and for the past 2 weeks had nappy rash its not been particularly bad and ive used sudocreme as always but there is now one patch that is VERY sore looking it looks like a bad burn and is bleeding now sudocreme is not helping at all. Can anyone reccomment anything stronger to use (off to shops in a mo) I dont know if its related to his stools as for the past couple of weeks they have been very loose, pale yellow and lumpy quite often, ive just been thinking this seems to have started at the same time as the switch from formula to cows milk, could this be related? he dosnt drink alot of milk though about half cup per day hes not really intrested in it and spits most of it out.

Fakebook Thu 18-Oct-12 13:51:33

METANIUM. Get it now!

WelshMaenad Thu 18-Oct-12 13:52:06

I found sudocreme bloody useless.

I like Weleda's calendula nappy cream. However, if its been ongoing this long there is a chance it may be fungal. I would try some anti fungal cream, boots does an own brand (clotrimazole) that may be worth a try.

Lots of nappy off time to help it heal.

jendot Thu 18-Oct-12 13:58:01

Metanium- it's like magic cream!

WelshMaenad Thu 18-Oct-12 13:59:56

See, going against the grain, I hate metanium. It stinks, it stains, it drags sore delicate skin and I didn't find it especially effective.

Celestia Thu 18-Oct-12 14:00:24

Metanium!

Check it hasn't got thrush in too if it doesn't clear up.

nannyl Thu 18-Oct-12 14:02:30

i vote gp to dr

if you need metanium they will prescribe it

it could be infected / it could be thrush and you will need a prescription for these.

i have been battling nasty nappy rash for 2 months with my DD and been to docs 6 times to sort it.

Fakebook Thu 18-Oct-12 14:02:44

It really is magic cream. Dd was prescribed it 4 years ago and it changed her/my life. It must be the best product I have ever bought to combat a skin problem. Most creams and tubes claim to treat something, but Metanium actually does what it's supposed to do.

(I don't work for metanium btw)

DialMforMummy Thu 18-Oct-12 14:03:18

Dilute a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a pint of water. Give to your LO to drink, works wonders for us. It re establishes the balance in the gut and therefore stops the acidic poos.
Don't give the pint to drink in one go though, it's too much water.

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 14:09:24

GP

economistextra Thu 18-Oct-12 14:18:20

Which nappies are you using?I switched to pampers and that solved it...

Pixieonthemoor Thu 18-Oct-12 15:11:54

Another vote for Metanium here! It's like weapons grade sudocrem so doesnt just wipe off on the nappy like sudo does. Brilliant stuff!!

ExterminateYou Thu 18-Oct-12 15:42:24

thank you all, going down to boots in about an hour so will look for metanium.
We use huggies nappies but have done for the last nearly 13 months so dont think its that, he hasnt really ever suffered nappy rash much before so this is really different, ds1 used to get nappy rash but not like this just one area looks like acids been poured on it. If the metanium dosnt help i will take him to gp.

Does anyone think the whole milk could be related? im wondering if i should just stop the milk as he dosnt really take to it anyway? and like i said his stools and bum were fine beforehand and he eats lots of yogurt and cheese ect anyway. Or it could just be a bug,teething etc

2kidsintow Thu 18-Oct-12 15:49:25

My Dd had particularly bad nappy rash, which didn't respond to cream (inc metanium) until I tried an anti fungal version. Then it cleared up in a matter of hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now