Talk

Advanced search

...to secretly be tickled by this

(27 Posts)
WhenLifeGivesYouLemons Thu 18-Oct-12 13:25:36

Me and my DH were victim of a robbery last night. Some guy came into our house and nicked off with... a radio and a salami confused. The fiend ignored the PS2, Wii, Computer, booze and DVDs and went stright for the knackered radio and the DH's salami

AIBU to be secretly tickled because my DH is always buying posh food when we can't afford it??? Or is that a bit mean.

scentednappyhag Thu 18-Oct-12 13:28:15

How odd! I'm sorry you had this happen to your home, but good on you for finding something to laugh about in it smile

Bubblemoon Thu 18-Oct-12 13:35:19

Obviously a ham radio fan.

cozietoesie Thu 18-Oct-12 13:36:25

OUCH!

Spatsky Thu 18-Oct-12 13:37:54

How very absurd!

degutastic Thu 18-Oct-12 13:39:53

Something about the fiendish salami thief tickles me... wipes tears from eyes and attempts to regain self control

mrscumberbatch Thu 18-Oct-12 14:00:26

That is so weird.

I don't know if i could even phone the police about that without guffawing down the phone.

BollocksToKarma Thu 18-Oct-12 14:02:22

lol...how bizzare.

laracroft2001 Thu 18-Oct-12 14:04:37

I've a weird theft

Garage got broken into couple of years ago, they left the car, tools, 3 unlocked bikes, lawn-mower, 2 sets of golf clubs etc, and nicked some frozen mince from the chest freezer?!?!?!!!

LFCisTarkaDahl Thu 18-Oct-12 14:05:32

there's definitely pissed logic there:

"Burp, I'm hungry - ooh look salami - munch, munch, burp. I used to have a radio like that, I like those old radios, <takes radio, meanders off street>"

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Thu 18-Oct-12 14:15:37

When my mum was burgled they took all the meat from the freezer, but didn't find the £200 cash in the desk drawer.

degutastic Thu 18-Oct-12 14:20:04

AIBU to conclude that all burgulars are meat eaters, and that vegetarians are much safer choices to look after your keys and possessions?

cheekydevil Thu 18-Oct-12 14:25:23

Vegetatians are too weak from lack of protein to break into your house grin

JerryLeadbetter Thu 18-Oct-12 14:25:41

That is pretty funny, YANBU to feel tickled!

However, serious point here... years ago my Mum and Dad's garage got broken into, and they stole a load of frozen food (mainly pizzas and garlic bread) from the freezer in there and ignored everything else. We thought it was weird, and although annoyed, didn't think much of it... until the same cunts came back two weeks later and ransacked the place- bikes, tools, everything went.

Make sure your place is shit-hot security-wise now, as there's a strong chance they could have been doing a 'recce' and will come back now they've sussed the place out. Don't want to scare you, but to be prepared. Def report to police what's happened now, in case anything happens again.

cheekydevil Thu 18-Oct-12 14:26:27

That would be vegetarians apologies blackcurrant spilt on keyboard

DontmindifIdo Thu 18-Oct-12 14:27:00

When I was burgled living in a house share when first moved to London, in my bedroom they moved the pile of €200 and the £100 of M&S vouchers off my jewllery box in order to open it, then had decided against taking my grandmother's engagement ring or the pearls she'd left me, but instead took some obviously from accessorise stuff.

Most odd. I can kind of see a burgular might not want the hassle of selling on diamonds, but leaving euros and M&S vouchers?

laurenamium Thu 18-Oct-12 14:34:38

Isn't there a certain drug that people crave bacon on? There was a lad I went to school with who got arrested with bacon all over him under his clothes leaving a shop. He was high on heroin I think. Maybe you had a hungry and high burglar?

WhenLifeGivesYouLemons Thu 18-Oct-12 15:06:00

Haha glad to know we're not the only victims of meat related theft. We thought that my bank card was missing which is why we reported it to the police. Was super embarrassed when we realised it was just the radio and salami- they even left us the bottle of bubbly in the fridge smile

SugariceAndScary Thu 18-Oct-12 15:09:30

How odd but Jerry is right to be cautious.

When we were burgled they took the good stuff but the police did warn us that they may be back as it was common practice for the shits to come back for another go.

They didn't try again as far as we were aware, don't mean to worry you.

Chattymummyhere Thu 18-Oct-12 15:13:46

We had this.. They came in moved my dogs upstairs after feeding them chocolate (dogs where in a locked crate so the mind boggles why move them!)..

They took Kitchen Scissors and mico memory card and a £10 argos voucher.. Left the laptop, PS3, Crystal etc..

Needless to say we upped security they never came back.

My friend has it as well a few random things gone 2 weeks later thief came back and took everything!

Nancy66 Thu 18-Oct-12 15:15:39

V.good Bubblemoon grin

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Thu 18-Oct-12 15:18:46

My friend and her neighbour were robbed on the same night. My friend had a bag nicked. In the bag were her college papers and her work uniform.

The neighbour had a tin of celebrations, some costume jewellery and a pair of trainers nicked.

I think who ever burgald them was a burgling virgin. They obviously had no idea what to do

WhenLifeGivesYouLemons Thu 18-Oct-12 15:23:14

Oh! I'm booked in for an induction next week- presuming baby hasn't come by then. Will have to beg someone to housesit while I'm in hospital hmm DH has stopped being grumpy about his salami now smile

SouthernComforts Thu 18-Oct-12 15:23:53

We had a 'cheese and bacon thief' in our area a while back.. he would go round every shop in town, then try and sell it on in the pubs out of his manky rucksack. Made me feel sick in the middle of summer when people wanted his sweating Pilgrims Choice. <boak>

cheekydevil Thu 18-Oct-12 16:27:54

Men get very 'precious' over their sausages grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now