Talk

Advanced search

My cat is being an arse.

(16 Posts)
SugariceAndScary Thu 18-Oct-12 09:40:20

I filled up the bowl this morning at 7.30 [Iams Wild Ocean Fish and chicken].

It hasn't all been eaten but he's meowing at me to fill it up, I know this as he's sat by the bowl and staring at me.

I am telling him that I'm not refilling it as there's enough there but he's still meowing and giving me the death stare, should I give in?

Is he giving you a cats bum face!!

Give in, you can't train a cat and you know he will win in the end grin

The cat knows he is the boss!!

caeleth Thu 18-Oct-12 09:44:08

Hell no! It only goes down hill from there ;)

Take the bowl, take the food out and put it back down. Once he's done giving you evil eye and/or tantrumming, put the original food back in?

Our cat had dry food thingies and we'd end up putting one tiny kibble in and she'd happily munch again. Power struggles we lost

WorraLiberty Thu 18-Oct-12 09:44:43

Spoon feed him

MrGeresHamster Thu 18-Oct-12 09:45:06

He will ultimately win... why suffer so much beforehand.

TheOriginalNutcracker Thu 18-Oct-12 09:47:17

One of my cats does this. She won't eat unless the bowl is full to the brim hmm

SugariceAndScary Thu 18-Oct-12 09:49:29

I didn't even last 5 messages grin but........... I filled it up and he walked away!!!!!!!!! grin.

He's now lounging on the sofa licking his bits.

MrGeresHamster Thu 18-Oct-12 09:57:23

Cat 1
-- Slave -- Human 0

He's probably keeping score for the day, for amusement purposes...

MrGeresHamster Thu 18-Oct-12 09:58:12

Oops... Meant Slave

BumpingFuglies Thu 18-Oct-12 09:59:04

He owns YOU. Never forget that. Mwah hah hah grin

fingerbiter Thu 18-Oct-12 10:00:50

Ugh my cat does this. Then you fill the bowl to the brim, she eats the bit in the middle, leaves the bits on the outside so they get mouldy and in the summer we get maggots sometimes. It's gross.

Squitten Thu 18-Oct-12 10:03:03

He did what needed to be done. You have been reminded of your function and your place grin

cozietoesie Thu 18-Oct-12 10:03:04

My old boy won't usually eat unless he has two flavours on the go. Try him on two half bowls (different flavours.) Put one down, let him not finish it and then move it to the left and put the other one down on the right. He'll likely then go back and eat the original bowl. At next feed, you just repeat the process - take up the empty bowl, move the right hand bowl to the left, put down a new half bowl on the right. And so on.

He's just training you. Cat 1....Slave 0 as above.

grin

SugariceAndScary Thu 18-Oct-12 10:06:35

I now know and accept that I was the unreasonable one, what was I thinking? grin

I'll apologise to him immediately!

KenLeeeeeee Thu 18-Oct-12 10:15:23

He just needed to make sure you know your place. Job done, I'd say!

Fuzzymum1 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:24:49

hahaha, this is why our cats have mealtimes and get fed twice a day. With six of them, one on a ridiculously expensive veterinary prescribed special diet we feed them twice a day, they gobble it down and get nothing else until the next meal. Except the one on the special diet as she needs to eat more often and gets fed at lunchtime as well as morning and evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now