Talk

Advanced search

To think boys should have short hair?

(145 Posts)
TonyMontanasGun Wed 17-Oct-12 22:20:23

Why would you want your little boy to have long hair?

Seriously, every time i watch Eastenders and Sharons kid comes on all i can think is "you need a haircut"

MerylStrop Wed 17-Oct-12 22:21:01

YABU
just that

FredWorms Wed 17-Oct-12 22:21:10

I didn't realise there were rules.

Nobody told me.

FredWorms Wed 17-Oct-12 22:22:10

YABU and you clearly lack imagination.

MrsBungleBear Wed 17-Oct-12 22:22:22

YABU

EverybodysSpookyEyed Wed 17-Oct-12 22:22:26

YABU

My 2 year old has very short hair and everyone assumes she is a boy because only boys have short hair

really annoying

(although YANBU - i haven't seen ee for many year but i should imagine that any child of sharons is extremely annoying)

picnicbasketcase Wed 17-Oct-12 22:23:01

It's not unreasonable for you to think that. As long as you realise that not everyone will agree with you.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 17-Oct-12 22:23:16

I'm not a fan of long hair on young boys but each to their own. Both Sharon and her child are uncomfortable to watch.

LetsKateWin Wed 17-Oct-12 22:23:26

I think little boys look cute with long hair. smile

And all women have long hair and pinafores?!

Tis the 21st century you know! ( though actually if you look back through history men have had long hair in fashion on and off for hundreds of years)

YABU

Raspberrysorbet Wed 17-Oct-12 22:23:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PiratesKnittingTreasure Wed 17-Oct-12 22:23:59

hmm

Should we ensure they're always dressed head to toe in blue too?

I don't watch Eastenders so no idea what length hair you're talking about but DS2 has longish hair and it's utterly gorgeous.

I actually can't bear buzz cuts on young boys but each to their own.

MadCap Wed 17-Oct-12 22:24:17

Have my very first biscuit

We just did this one...

WorraLiberty Wed 17-Oct-12 22:25:25

YABU

Long hair on boys is not to my personal taste, but wtf shouldn't they do what they want with it? confused

ShowOfBloodyStumps Wed 17-Oct-12 22:25:51

Yup. And a gun. And chaps. Possibly a horse.

Pourquoimoi Wed 17-Oct-12 22:26:11

I must admit I think long hair on boys looks pants. DS1 came home with a class photo today and I commented on him being the only boy in the row. Nope, one of the ones I thought was a girl was called Ethan! He is yr7 by the way, not a toddler!

Both my two have shortish hair.

IvorHughJackolantern Wed 17-Oct-12 22:26:28

Yes. Boys should have short hair and wear blue. Girls should have long hair and wear pink. Boys should like girls and girls should like boys. And we should all live in the Land of Should where everyone behaves as they should.

As well as totally disagreeing with you on this point I would also like to point out that if we're going to be disparaging about anyone's hair on Eastenders we really need to start with Sharon. She looks like she's stolen Miss Piggy's wig and put it through the dryer.

Bunnyjo Wed 17-Oct-12 22:26:55

Here OP, have a well deserved biscuit

MollyMurphy Wed 17-Oct-12 22:27:12

Of course YABU....they should have whatever hair cut (or not) that they please.....you sound old fashioned OP.

IneedAgoldenNickname Wed 17-Oct-12 22:27:16

My boys have longish hair, which my nannie and aunties moan about constantly. But, the boys are happy, I'm happy, school haven't complained so the problem is? ? ?

A lady did tell me when ds2 was a baby that I should get his hair cut as it was to long for a boy, he was a week old!

LucieMay Wed 17-Oct-12 22:27:42

I agree. I've dated many a long haired man but I think until lads are their teens and look physically different from females, it should be kept short. Little boys with long hair just like little girls.

WorraLiberty Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:03

if we're going to be disparaging about anyone's hair on Eastenders we really need to start with Sharon. She looks like she's stolen Miss Piggy's wig and put it through the dryer

This ^^ totally! grin

PedanticPanda Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:22

I think long hair on boys is lovely. Yabu.

BabylonPI Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:24

YABU

DS, just like DH used to, shall have long shaggy hair if he wishes smile

Tis cool IMO wink

Startailoforangeandgold Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:36

YABVVU

People should have their hair any length they please.

Whether they are male, female, old or young!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now