Talk

Advanced search

...to be really really fed up with my neighbours?

(8 Posts)
fingerbiter Wed 17-Oct-12 21:13:54

My next door neighbour (who is a little bit bonkers and not very approachable) has gone to another part of the country for a year to study. While she's away she's 'rented' her house out to her 20 year old son and some of his friends. This son has a history of bad behaviour (he used to hold underage drinking parties a few years back and when we complained she got the hump and it made the parties worse).

She's been gone a few weeks and it's been a nightmare. They have mini-parties almost every night with loud music, shouting etc, and massive parties every friday & saturday night which go on into the early hours. They leave rubbish on the street outside and have smashed some glasses on the pavement. I don't think all the lads work as there is almost always someone in playing loud music. As we speak one of them is stood outside on his phone having a loud argument with what sounds like his boss. confused

The noise is affecting DC's sleep and puts me on edge making it difficult for me to sleep too. I've been round a couple of times to ask them to keep the noise down, to be fair the lads are polite and turn it down but the next night it's the same story. My DH has stuck his head in the sand and likes to pretend there isn't a problem.

I don't want to cause a fuss with environmental health/police (who on past experience have been rubbish anyway) as we're planning on putting our house on the market in about 18 months and I don't want it to put buyers off, and the neighbour's course is only a year so they won't be here long term. But I'm very very fed up sad. AIBU?

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 21:18:49

Yadnbu!

Environmental health will install sensitive recording equipment in your house. Keep a diary of everything. Call police 999 or 101 as appropriate. Take action.

Total empathy, ruins quality of lide. Who the hell do they think they are?

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 21:19:12

Yadnbu!

Environmental health will install sensitive recording equipment in your house. Keep a diary of everything. Call police 999 or 101 as appropriate. Take action.

Total empathy, ruins quality of life. Who the hell do they think they are?

fingerbiter Wed 17-Oct-12 21:29:06

Based on the last time we complained about them, going back 3/4 years now, I don't think enviro health will be very interested. I kept a diary for ages and was told that it wasn't bad enough for them to do anything. The police just said to talk to enviro health. When next door found out we'd complained (enviro health sent them a letter), it just made things worse. So I'm a bit reluctant tbh. But I am now keeping a diary on top of all the million & one other things I have to do.

Why can't people just be a bit more considerate of others? sad

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 21:30:46

I know. Because tbey are ignorant cunts.

Law may have changed or pokice take it mire seriously. Just try again. Maybe see citizens advice?

fingerbiter Wed 17-Oct-12 21:44:20

Thanks sole. I will start making enquiries I think, just see what response I get from enviro health and the police.

On the plus side, it's raining so shouty lad on phone has now gone inside.

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 21:50:54

sad it made me feel suicidal. Two years of hell I went through with an ill, premature disabled baby. At least you know you are going, lets hope and orey they move out befire you one way or another. Keep talking hete, we will suport you.

fingerbiter Wed 17-Oct-12 22:00:36

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. We've lived here 4 years and this family have made living here hell the whole time. It was supposed to be a happy place for us sad. It's put me off ever owning a house again - at least with renting you can get out reasonably quickly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now