Talk

Advanced search

to ask you whether your child swore at you. Because he/she had picked it up from nursery.

(16 Posts)
SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 19:23:07

Next door neighbours child is three and swears. A lot. Fuck off you fat bitch she said.

lalaland30008 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:25:25

Looser pants and cock was as bad as it got for us, and that was definitely picked up from nursery.

WelshMaenad Wed 17-Oct-12 19:25:51

If my child picked up language like that at nursery, I'd be looking for a new nursery. Far more likely she hears it at home. Which is sad. I swear like a navvy but not generally in an abusive fashion and I do try to curb it in front of the kids.

RubyFakeNails Wed 17-Oct-12 19:27:08

No because we swear at home, but I know they learnt things like 'your pooey/dirty' at nursery, was quite obvious as DH and I don't really use those phrases, unsurprisingly.

2rebecca Wed 17-Oct-12 19:29:07

They both tried it once!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 17-Oct-12 19:29:47

My 2 yo DD says truck all the time, loves them and cars, trains, boats. She can't say TR though, says F instead.

DozyDuck Wed 17-Oct-12 19:31:15

Yup. Not to that extent though. Actually DS took to screaming bloody hell after walking past a particularly irate man in a hospital.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 17-Oct-12 19:39:00

Thankfully my children never did this. Probably because they had heard me swear accidentally and had already been told that they can't do it. My 12 year old went through a brief phase of saying 'damn' when he first started secondary school, but that's stopped now.

I've told him he can swear when he knows accurately what every swear word means and when he can tell exactly when it's appropriate and when it's not. And even then, I don't want to hear it.

Meglet Wed 17-Oct-12 19:41:53

No. One of them once mentioned how another child has used a naughty word but I've never heard a peep from either of them.

I've never sworn in front of them though so they're probably not very tuned into swear words yet.

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 19:41:56

I understand Freddos. I was a bit catbum face but maybe I am d fadhioned lime an d dinosaur sad I swore at my Mother after hearing it at school.

RubyFakeNails Wed 17-Oct-12 19:47:48

Personally I'd be less interested in what the 3yr old said and more interested in how the recipient responded?

catgirl1976 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:57:36

DM works in a nursery

She got called a cunt by a 3 year old

She cried. No one had ever called her a cunt before and hearing it from a 3 yeard old sad She said the way he said it sounded like he heard it used pretty aggresively as well sad

Horrible. sad

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 17-Oct-12 20:00:01

To be fair Sole, if a three year old said something like that, I think I'd be a bit more than a bit catbumface! 'Fuck of you fat bitch' from a three year old is shock, and I know a lot of three year olds!

That's nothing like a child hearing the occasional swear word and learning about there being a concept of bad language.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Wed 17-Oct-12 20:01:47

sad Catgirl that's awful!
My 2 year old said 'shit' in context several weeks ago which I'm afraid he may have heard from me blush he now knows it is naughty and we don't use words like that. hmm

halloweeneyqueeney Wed 17-Oct-12 20:03:59

mine came home saying "I want a smoke, can I have a light". Definitely did not pick that up anywhere but nursery, we don't smoke and he doesn't ever see anyone smoking, I doubt he even knows what smoking is!

fuck off you fat bitch is horrible, I'm pretty immune to what I suppose I call "normal" toddler swearing like bum bum willy head etc

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 20:09:01

I was catbums face on the outside but inside felt it was awful. Her Mother reoeated what she had said I.front of her DD and I got the impression she was expecting me to laugh. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now