Talk

Advanced search

to want to go over due!

(12 Posts)
monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 18:21:07

I am 40+2 with my third baby, was due on Monday. I have a 5 & 3 year old who break up from school on Monday. I really really really don't want to be stuck at home with a new born & two fighting kids.
I am so hoping this baby stays put till at least next weekend.
I had a sweep today but secretly hoping it doesn't work & considering refusing my Friday sweep.

Am I crazy or would others find the thought of 2 kids + new born sleep deprived hell the stuff of nightmares?
My mum has said she will help but won't be here all day just the odd hour here & there. My Dh is self employed and has lots of work on his desk that can't just be dropped and left. So reality is its all going to be left down to me sad

Everlong Wed 17-Oct-12 18:24:56

I get you.

Fingers crossed baby stays put.

Sods law you will have it tonight <sending stay put vibes>

monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 18:29:25

I know I have no choice when baby comes do I sad
Wonder if I can swing 10 days in hospital, more stay put vibes please.
thank you for not thinking I am a complete loon

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 17-Oct-12 18:30:47

I'll rub my tummy on yours. I was 3 weeks late so that magic should work. grin

Everlong Wed 17-Oct-12 18:34:59

Sometimes thinking about how it would pan out is often very different to how it actually is. Try not to stress.

Just make the most of help from your mum and anyone else.

As long as everyone is fed ( sandwiches, fruit, yoghurt etc will be fine ) and watered everything else can wait.

Things have a way of working out.

And you will have a sqidgy new baby! You lucky woman smile

monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 18:36:13

thank you Mrspratchett!! even if he hangs in there 10 days more & I can swing a night in hospital that would be great smile

monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 18:37:33

my kids get so board & then start fighting, that's what's worrying me. Zero sleep, breast feeding and lots of fighting sad

Convert Wed 17-Oct-12 18:37:34

Even if baby does come out I think you will find it easier than you think. I had DD when DS1 and 2 were 4 1/2 and 3 and it really wasn't that bad! We moved house when DD was 5 days old too, it was much easier than when DS2 was born! Fingers crossed baby stays in for a bit though grin

reastie Wed 17-Oct-12 18:42:24

I get where you're coming from, I felt similar but for very different reasons (was petrified of giving birth). You might find it easier to be stuck at home with your DC though who you can bribe to bring you food and drink all day long in return for chocolate and cbeebies . And remember if you don't have to do the school run you don't have to get changed to get out of the house by a certain time!

GhostofMammaTJ Wed 17-Oct-12 18:50:39

Stay in there baby, it's nice and cosy and quiet!! Well compared tot he chaos you will face is born before the holidays!

Im sending stay in vibes too.

But can you send me come out vibes please? I am 37+6 and I went 10 days over with DD and desperately dont want a repeat. Packed my bag today and all the baby clothes just make me want to meet baby!

monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 18:58:01

thanks everyone, glad you don't think I am crazy! Wannabe I sincerely hope you have your baby before I have mine ;)

I went a week over with my daughter so know how hard it is going over, yet I still think its easier than my alternative!
How dare half term be right when my baby is due!! Its illegal lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now