Talk

Advanced search

About the Thomas Cook Orlando holiday?

(13 Posts)
UndeadPixie Wed 17-Oct-12 15:44:50

Has anybody else noticed the Thomas Cook Visit Orlando ad on MN recently? I was just idly watching it, it goes:
Dad loves screaming on The Incredible Hulk Coaster...
Your daughter loves exploring underwater worlds...
Your son loves soaring with Buzz...
And you love a holiday your whole family enjoys.

Erm... So Mum doesn't have any particular interests? Mum doesn't love a safari or rollercoaster or museum or anything interesting?

AIBU to think this is a really ridiculous and twee advert?

GiserableMitt Wed 17-Oct-12 15:47:41

That's a Mother's job, isnt it? To make sure everybody else is happy.

missymoomoomee Wed 17-Oct-12 15:51:27

Mum is simply happy that everyone else is happy...... hmm

Groovee Wed 17-Oct-12 15:52:00

Well they can change it to mum loves the heat grin

MrsShortfuse Wed 17-Oct-12 16:21:42

Mum is happy that Orlando is full of all-you-can-eat buffets for $1 and she won't have to do any cooking.

Mum is also happy that Orlando is full of 24hr pharmacies which sell remedies for children that have been sick from excessive chocolate and icecream sensitive young tender tummies suffering from umm, unfamilar tap water.

CaliforniaLeaving Wed 17-Oct-12 16:39:00

Mum gets to hold the bags and cardies while everyone else has fun.

RedBlanket Wed 17-Oct-12 16:44:59

You know they're going to amend it now to 'mum loves the shopping'

VolumeOfACone Wed 17-Oct-12 16:46:58

Mothers: know your place.

What an offensive advert!

Chopstheduck Wed 17-Oct-12 16:49:07

I find it quite apt tbh - that would be me, happy that the kids are busy and not annoying me or dh, dh isn't yelling at the kids and I can relax - best bit about holidays for me!

RedBlanket Wed 17-Oct-12 16:57:08

I particularly enjoyed all the hot young students on spring break playing beach volleyball on the pretend beach at our hotel.

And the all you-can-eat buffets, obviously.

bachsingingmum Wed 17-Oct-12 17:20:16

DH suggested that holiday last year and I and 2 DDs all happily agreed. He got to hold the bags and the cardies (while sulking quite a bit in the heat) because he hates white knuckle rides. ...no we don't know either...

firemansamisnormansdad Wed 17-Oct-12 18:53:09

Oh cr*p - I'm going there next Thursday. Does this nean everyone is going to enjoy themselves except me? Story of my life.

UndeadPixie Wed 17-Oct-12 19:20:51

It really irked me for some reason that mum didn't have anything to do on holiday! I hope that it is changed and that it's not so bloody stereotypical if they do. why do companies still advertise like this? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now