Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to tell DS that the swimming pool is bost?

(19 Posts)
BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 17-Oct-12 14:44:28

He has swimming lessons today after school but tbh, I cba to take him. Just this once.

I am so tired/cold (just recovering from gastroenteritis) and the changing rooms are like a frigging greenhouse and I've got to bus it into town, then sit in the shit caffe at the baths while he has his lesson.

But DS loves his lessons. Tell me to stop being a selfish cowbag and to take my son to his lesson please!

FayeKinitt Wed 17-Oct-12 14:46:49

Does the shit cafe serve nice hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows? (or whatever you think is tasty treat!) Might convince you to go?

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 17-Oct-12 14:48:47

The caffe is SHITEOLA sad

It sells: coffee/tea from a machine/Rola Cola/packs of 3 baggo biscuits/squash. It really is the pits.

Inneedofbrandy Wed 17-Oct-12 14:49:28

If you go you will feel good about yourself. I would treat myself to hot choc or nice coffee in cafe, and because it's been an effort takeaway (even just a bag of chips with loads of s&v) for dinner.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 17-Oct-12 14:49:47

What does bost mean?

Inneedofbrandy Wed 17-Oct-12 14:50:01

Nice coffee before you get in, plus your favourite snack?

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 17-Oct-12 14:50:05

Oh sorry blush

Bost = broke/not working.

ll31 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:50:12

i'd go... think how good you'll feel!!

monkeysbignuts Wed 17-Oct-12 14:51:55

go & buy some trash mags on your way, hen you can laugh at crap celebs. you will only feel guilty if you don't take him & treat yourself to something naughty (nice bar of choc or some chips)

BobblyGussets Wed 17-Oct-12 14:55:19

Get your cossie on under your clothes and go in the big pool for a gentle swim and float about? I say gentle as a concession for your recent illness of course.

Did that help? grin

Aww think of his little face when you tell him the pool is broken. You won,t do it to him.

FireOverBabylon Wed 17-Oct-12 14:55:23

Bup that's a Stoke expression - where abouts are you?

picturesinthefirelight Wed 17-Oct-12 14:55:42

I love the word bost - it's used a lot here in stoke.

You know yabu but I think is be feeling the same. Says she smugly whose ds decided last week he wants to stop swimming lessons- yay!

ClippedPhoenix Wed 17-Oct-12 14:55:46

If you feel like shite tell him it's broken. It's one session.

TantrumsAndBalloons Wed 17-Oct-12 14:56:51

Can no one else take him? Can't you find an obliging friend with a dc in the same class?

Tbh I would stay home if you are just getting over being ill.

It's only one lesson, not the end of the world.

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 17-Oct-12 14:57:11

Looks like I'm taking him then you caaaaahs!

I'm in the Black Countraaaaay! We say bost here too.

RaspberryLemonPavlova Wed 17-Oct-12 14:58:18

You need a small flask and make yourself a nice coffee to take with you.

Then you can feel virtuous as to money saved as well!

My flask has done many, many swimming/ballet/rehearsal sessions.

BobblyGussets Wed 17-Oct-12 15:01:58

Ooh yes RaspberryLemon and slip some Baileys in there too with the coffee, for medicinal purposes.

drivinmecrazy Wed 17-Oct-12 15:03:28

Just a word of warning. I did this with DDs dance lesson a few years ago. Told her teacher had texted that she wasn't well so lesson cancelled. All was good til the next week. Then sods law prevailed, and teacher started with the words 'for those who weren't here last week...'. DD came out of her lesson with a face like thunder so I quickly realised she was getting too old to be told such BS (it was about this time that I had to stop changing the clock in the kitchen to convince her it was bed time blush ). Now I only use it for younger DDs lesson which starts at silly o'clock in the middle of no where. She still hasn't questioned why teacher is available for DD1s lesson in the afternoon (and fortunately she still hasn't worked out the clock trick yet either grin)

hhhhhhh Wed 17-Oct-12 15:03:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now