Talk

Advanced search

to think that Astrology is utter bollochs?

(140 Posts)
SoleSource Tue 16-Oct-12 21:57:59

Does anybody here on MN believe their daily horoscope?

I used to be fascinated by it as a teenager.

Just came across a Diana Garland video on Youtube. She is an Astrologist. My September predictions for Aries was utter poppycock.

chateauferret Tue 16-Oct-12 22:05:40

No, it is the utterest of utter bollocks and believing a word of it is totally U. HTH.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 16-Oct-12 22:06:49

It's the new opiate of the masses. Or FB is... Something is.

I can't believe a word not that I ever did now that my planet has been downgraded to a planetoid (Pluto). Does this mean that I don't have a star sign? Or that i am slightly less Scorpio? Or that it is all bollocks?

Also, someone once told me that my Ex-H (then H) was the love of my life and perfect for me. He was a twunt and since I'm now married happily to someone who isn't all star-crossed makes me hmm

PersonalClown Tue 16-Oct-12 22:07:08

It is absolute arse gravy.

solidgoldbrass Tue 16-Oct-12 22:09:07

Of course it is, but so is homeopathy and every single religion going.

solidgoldbrass Tue 16-Oct-12 22:10:43

Ooh, posted to soon, what I meant to say was that people who are into astrology may well be either gullible fuckwits or con artists, but they are rarely violent, and if they as individuals are racist, sexist or homophobic it's not specifically down to their belief in astrology, so if you are a gullible inadequate who has to believe in 'something' astrology's harmless, even though it makes you a bit boring.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 16-Oct-12 22:11:04

sgb you are wrong. Homeopathy is great. The sugar gives you energy and the water hydrates you. All good.

UltraBOF Tue 16-Oct-12 22:11:34

It was useful to help me see that me and my ex-boyfriend were incompatible.

He was Taurus, and I think astrology is a load of shit.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 16-Oct-12 22:12:47

I was just going to ask if you are an Aries Sole even before I read your OP grin

SoleSource Tue 16-Oct-12 22:12:50

Agree with religion is utter rubbish.

SoleSource Tue 16-Oct-12 22:14:36

Really Funny? Lol how you know that, can you see my rammy horns?

MousyMouse Tue 16-Oct-12 22:15:43

arf @ MrsTerry

Anonymumous Tue 16-Oct-12 22:17:12

I don't think it matters if it's bollocks - if it makes people happy to believe in it, then what's the problem? Same with religion.

Redsilk Tue 16-Oct-12 22:18:00

What, you don't believe that the gravitational force of Saturn, which exerts only a tiny fraction of the pull on you as the PC or iPad you're using, determines future events in your and everyone else's lives?

Bitten by reality?

headinhands Tue 16-Oct-12 22:21:08

I think it's a load of coswallop, but I would seeing how my Venus rises in Jupiter. grin

MadgeHarvey Tue 16-Oct-12 22:22:37

Anonymumous Tue 16-Oct-12 22:17:12

I don't think it matters if it's bollocks - if it makes people happy to believe in it, then what's the problem? Same with religion.

Exactly this.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 16-Oct-12 22:22:38

I love when my Mum's friend tells me that "Mercury is in retrograde". No... we have known for quite some time that planets orbit the sun. Mercury is only in retrograde if you live on a flat earth in the centre of the universe.

headinhands Tue 16-Oct-12 22:25:02

Yeah of course anonymous, religion is totally benign and no one has ever been harmed by another's beliefs. confused

Lovefruitsandvegs Tue 16-Oct-12 22:25:58

I used to read horoscopes when I was much younger. I think this is a money-making business. The horoscopes have to be tailored up to everyone's birthday up to a second. Also I have met people of my sign and they were so different from me.
But those who read negative predictions can expect something negative to happen so it is better not to read them.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 16-Oct-12 22:26:09

The Marxists would tell you that the problem with this... don't think it matters if it's bollocks - if it makes people happy to believe in it, then what's the problem? Same with religion is that it distracts from actual issues. If most of the paper is given over to horoscopes, sport, fashion and other cobblers, we waste all out time and energy on that rather than our thieving, immoral, scumbag leaders. Who's storming Parliament when Mercury is in retrograde?

FizzyLaces Tue 16-Oct-12 22:28:56

I love astrology. Being on the cusp means I get to pick the best one. Yay.

UltraBOF Tue 16-Oct-12 22:29:48

MrsTP, yes.

FizzyLaces Tue 16-Oct-12 22:31:44

MrsT you are so right. I am beginning to feel that way about Savile too. Detracts from the fuckers who are dismantling our welfare state.

claig Tue 16-Oct-12 22:31:57

YABVVU

WorraLiberty Tue 16-Oct-12 22:34:32

The whole thing's a pint of piss

I'm an Aries too grin

Not that I believe in this shit

Mystic Meg is just Pam Ayres in a Hippy frock....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now