Talk

Advanced search

to hope i've got threadworms?

(62 Posts)
Flojo1979 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:24:22

DS brought a letter home today saying some children in school had threadworms...
AIBU that I wondered for a moment that it might not be a bad thing if we got them then I might leave them and lose some weight?

Euphemia Tue 16-Oct-12 18:26:51

They don't cause you to lose weight; they itch and tickle and drive you demented!

YABU smile

purplewithred Tue 16-Oct-12 18:27:15

Sadly they just make your arse itch, and at night they crawl out of your bum and wriggle around in your moist bits and get lost when heading for home...

what you need is a tapeworm.

HedgeHogGroup Tue 16-Oct-12 18:27:33

THey're such a faff, all that boil washing the bedding and towels etc!

girlsyearapart Tue 16-Oct-12 18:30:18

Threadworms do indeed make you lose weight cos you're running round like a blue arsed fly cleaning & washing for two weeks.

Two of mine got them this summer and I nearly went insane

ike1 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:33:58

Oh god purplewithred - fanjo worms!

pjmama Tue 16-Oct-12 18:36:09

Had them as a kid - had to drink the most vile, revolting, gloopy pink gunge that still has the power to make me gag when I think about it. <boak>

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 16-Oct-12 18:37:15

nahhhhhh you need raw rancid chicken for that

Euphemia Tue 16-Oct-12 18:38:25

Ovex is your friend - one teeny tablet and bye-bye wee itchy fuckers.

BadgersGhostlyRetreatWoo Tue 16-Oct-12 18:39:12

Had them as a kid - had to drink the most vile, revolting, gloopy pink gunge that still has the power to make me gag when I think about it. <boak>

^^ Yy me too!! God it was meant to be strawberry flavour. It so wasn't

used to have to drink it over the sink coz i'd be gagging away, even when i held my nose

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 16-Oct-12 18:39:27

Yuk, Opgrin
Can't you just, like, go on a diet?

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Tue 16-Oct-12 18:40:11

Its a banana ish medicine now or tablets.

Every time kids go on about having an itchy bum we all take it!

monkeysbignuts Tue 16-Oct-12 18:40:39

hahaha ewww. You need a nice big tape worm, that will shift the lbs ;)

I thought it was raspberry flavour ... God that stuff was AWFUL.. I can still remember gagging on it.

Amen for Ovex these days!

FellatioNelson Tue 16-Oct-12 18:44:55

what you need is a tapeworm grin

That made me LOL. My cat has had tapeworms and they used to hang out of his bottom and move around. I used to pull them but they just broke off in bits. I don't fancy that, confused although I'm willing to consider any easy way to lose weight.

How do you know when you have worms? Can you see them in the loo? do they climb out and introduce themselves? an itchy bum alone is no evidence, surely?

GreenEyesAndHam Tue 16-Oct-12 18:46:32

Pripsen.

'Raspberry' flavour, and the reason I won't touch raspberries or anything raspberry flavoured to this day

VerityClinch Tue 16-Oct-12 18:46:37

You can see them wiggling in your poo

<helpful>

monkeysbignuts Tue 16-Oct-12 18:48:08

eeewwww fellatio!!
Ring worms will come out in poo and I think thread worms do too. small little things like a grain of rice.
tape worms are nasty and I can think of much more pleasant ways to shift some weight

sittinginthesun Tue 16-Oct-12 18:50:52

Ovex is your friend these days;)

I'm sure I read that 40% of all primary school children have threadworms at any one time! We're just over our second bout in a year, and I'm sick of my own voice reminding them to "wash your hands, with soap, and WARM water, don't just turn the tap on and off without actually getting wet!!!!!"

thebody Tue 16-Oct-12 18:53:25

PJMAMNA, me too, that pink medicine still haunts me today. Got smacked by both parents as gagged and vomited on it.

Happy days!!!

bigsnugglebunny Tue 16-Oct-12 18:54:47

I thought ringworm was a fungus? [billious smiley]

GwendolineScaryLacey Tue 16-Oct-12 18:56:05

Just don't stick a clove of garlic up it, that's all...

WeShouldOpenABar Tue 16-Oct-12 18:56:47

ugh pripsen i can still smell it now, i can smell the vomit it induced , i can see the stain spreading over my nans sofa has i "accidentally" spilled the last sachet of it everywhere blush
I used to have to be massively bribed to drink it and cannot stand raspberry or drinks made from powder because of it, definitely a case of the cure being worse then the disease

cynister Tue 16-Oct-12 18:58:49

Sittinginthesun, you should mosey over to the hand washing thread...you cannot imagine how many poster's believe washing hands after using the loo is a waste of time...

FellatioNelson Tue 16-Oct-12 18:58:57

I am joking Monkey wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now