Talk

Advanced search

yes i know IABU to post this here but I need help - ipod touch related!

(11 Posts)
moleskin Tue 16-Oct-12 10:06:06

DS has an ipod hes 3. He has some SN. I plugged it to laptop last night as it needed an update. Once update was complete I noticed the little square TV Youtube Symbol had vanished!!!! DS loves youtube for watching his fave video clips. Tried to redownload from App Store and it came up a different symbol (just the youtube words) and a totally different app!! AAAARGGHHH. He is very used to the old app and navigates the favourites and playlists well that i had all set up for him. On the new app the favourites and playlists are still there but its all set out differently.

Is there anyway of getting the old app back other than restoring ipod to old settings ?? which i dont really want to do as it will also take off new security uodates.

Llanbobl Tue 16-Oct-12 10:43:16

The IOS6 upgrade removed it.

Search for YouTube on web -open the link. At the base of your screen are some function keys - the one in the middle looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it pointing to the right. Click on it - you should have an option to add YouTube to your home screen. Click and it will be on your home screen - you can then move it around.

Jins Tue 16-Oct-12 10:45:58

You can't restore the ipod back to how it was. You can either do as the post above suggests or download the YouTube app

Euphemia Tue 16-Oct-12 10:48:14

The new OS is shite. I hate the new maps, and the Google alternative is not as good as the original. sad

moleskin Tue 16-Oct-12 11:04:45

Fab thank you! Much appreciated yes I agree the new upgrade is crap its changed the music lay out as well cue more tantrums!!

moleskin Tue 16-Oct-12 11:08:24

Oh crap just done it that may probe more complicated than the other app. Why do they have to change things aaarrghh. Thanks for your help though guys.

GhostShip Tue 16-Oct-12 11:11:04

They had to change things because Google is connected to their competitors, the Android phones. So they no longer were able to have it as a built in feature smile

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Tue 16-Oct-12 11:13:11

Euphemia, I'm not keen on the maps either, but have you tried the turn-by-turn navigation yet? I used it yesterday and it was really good.

picnicbasketcase Tue 16-Oct-12 11:13:21

I miss the YouTube and google maps apps on my iphone too. I only realised yesterday that the update had changed the way the phone keypad looks, shows how often I actually use it to phone anyone.

GhostShip Tue 16-Oct-12 11:15:39

They've fucked up badly with the maps, but they've issued an apology and even recommend rival maps to us all; unusual for a company to accept their mistakes.

I LOVE turn by turn navigation though, massively helped me to get to my new volunteer work yesterday.

I also like the feature where instead of just rejecting a call, I can choose to click a button that texts the person a standard message such as 'whats up, I'm busy right now' or whatever

moleskin Tue 16-Oct-12 11:21:07

Ah didn't realise that's why they changed it thank you. Will have to retrain ds. He will prob get the hang of it quicker than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now