Talk

Advanced search

To want my money back now??

(5 Posts)
mummy1986 Mon 15-Oct-12 21:40:34

Quick history:
Brought 55 plate car from local garage on 14th Aug.
Service and Mot and valet given.
Paid £3995.
Got it home and the radio and cd changer didnt work.

Took it back same day, was told to bring it back 2 days later and it will be fixed. Woke up next day with massive oil puddle on out driveway.
Pointed out to them when returning to have the cd etc fixed. was in garage 1 week. Fixed problems (or so we was told!)

4 days later another oil leak and the cd player was skipping.
Realised had no sat nav cd to work sat nav.
phoned up and pointed out.
Took car in had it 3 weeks. Oil leak fixed cd player not. he said it was my dirty scratched cd's, when actually i had brought olly murs cd the day before and it was perfect.
Had arguements for several days..they were not replacing cd player or sat nav disc.
My dp told them we would take legal action.
They have since had my car for 5 weeks now fixing the skippy cd player.
Sorry to go on but aibu to have had enough now and want my money back?
And anyone know my legal rights in this situation? Any advice welcome smile

xkcdfangirl Mon 15-Oct-12 23:26:45

How did you pay for the car?
If you paid with a Credit Card, the card issuer are jointly liable for the item meeting the advertised description.

ineedamiracle Mon 15-Oct-12 23:28:32

Olly Murs? You are being very unreasonable grin

As above re credit card - section 75 of the consumer credit act - but note that this applies even if you didn't pay for the whole car with it. If you paid a deposit (as long as over £100 I think) then that would also count and is enough to trigger the joint liability for the whole lot.

mummy1986 Tue 16-Oct-12 08:35:56

We paid with cash unfortunatly.
Im just sick of it now. We've had the courtesy car for longer than we've actually driven our new car.
We've not even put diesel in the new one yet thats how lon theyve had it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now