Talk

Advanced search

Buggy broken after one month

(3 Posts)
Icehaven Mon 15-Oct-12 20:56:33

I bought a reconditioned buggy online at the end of August; reconditioned apparently being perfectly usable, just cosmetic issues (catalogue returns and so on). In fact it looked brand new and is a really nice buggy, however, within a month or so the seat unit began dropping suddenly from sitting up to lying flat. With my baby in it. It's done it maybe 10 times now. They've said that as it's reconditioned 'there's no guarantee' and that I have to pay to ship it back and have their technician inspect it. Does that sound reasonable? They haven't even said they'll fix it!

My other option is to just pay to get it fixed locally, although I'll be out of pocket at least I know it'll be definitely fixed and don't have to go through the faff of shipping it and being without it.....

Thanks for any thoughts

bonzo77 Mon 15-Oct-12 20:58:21

Depends on relative cost of shipping back vs local repair. And what kind of warrantee the local repairer will offer.

noisytoys Mon 15-Oct-12 20:59:17

If you bought it online then claim though your credit card or PayPal account (or method of payment). It is up to the company to prove the item was fit for purpose and a broken buggy a month after purchase isn't fit for purpose. You will get a refund

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now