Talk

Advanced search

to wish that the media would have an amnesty on showing that vile man's hideous face in all those news reports

(39 Posts)
GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 15-Oct-12 19:46:36

There are new stories about Savile's activities every day, and all are accompanied by his ugly gurning face.

How many more photos can they dig up?

I know it sounds utterly unhinged but I don't want to look at it.

MrsKeithRichards Mon 15-Oct-12 19:50:21

Yanbu he's revolting.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 15-Oct-12 19:52:45

yanbu

ugh

vile gurning fizzog, gerraway from me

HippieHop Mon 15-Oct-12 20:04:00

I agree- it makes me feel physically ill looking at the evil bastard's face

Thisisaeuphemism Mon 15-Oct-12 20:05:23

Agree. Every bloody article is accompanied by him and his thumbs up. We know who he is, stop it!

bumhead Mon 15-Oct-12 20:20:05

YADNBU

He creeps me out every time I see his hideous, sinister face.

cocoachannel Mon 15-Oct-12 20:22:35

Could not agree more. In fact logged on tonight to start the same thread!

Yadnbu

flippinada Mon 15-Oct-12 20:31:35

I agree. In fact, I knew exactly who you were talking about before I opened the thread.

I shudder every time I see a picture.

AnastasiaSteele Mon 15-Oct-12 20:32:13

Yadnbu

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Mon 15-Oct-12 20:32:32

YANBU.

There is something wierd about seeing him now that it's out. I used to see him and instantly get the creeps without knowing why. I'd have thought that knowing why would make him seem less creepy, but its the opposite.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 15-Oct-12 20:32:50

That picture of him sat on a bloody 14 year old kid's hospital bed made my stomach turn.

Those poor children. Good god.

flippinada Mon 15-Oct-12 20:33:01

Actually, given what he's been up to I don't think it sounds unhinged either.

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Mon 15-Oct-12 20:34:29

Agreed. We all know who they mean and there's no need to demonstrate repeatedly how sinister his expressions seem now we all know what we know.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 15-Oct-12 20:35:21

He looks so much more creepy now we know what he was like.

He looks bloody wicked. Wicked and hideous.

It is utterly stupid I know but this whole story and the secrecy has made me feel very grim. All those years he got away with it. I know there are horrible stories all the time but for some reason this has really been upsetting.

Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Mon 15-Oct-12 20:49:02

It has made me feel grim too, Getorf, and helplessly angry about how such horrible things have gone on.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 15-Oct-12 21:18:57

YASoNBU. I don't even buy newspapers and still I'm seeing his horrid face everywhere.

I don't think you're being unreasonable to find it all so upsetting either. I'm pretty good at distancing myself from things normally but I'm really struggling with all this.

For me it's the underhanded-ness of it all. The way he was so calculated. So sinister. So fucking deliberate in how he planned things.

Also the way it was just accepted as normal by so many people. Laughed off as a quirk. He was so bloody blatant he groped a 14 year old Coleen Nolan and it was shown on Television ffs.

And worst is the fact that there are still lots of people who don't or won't believe it. Some of the comments I've seen have made me so bloody angry.

I can't imagine how his victims must feel to have lived with this all their lives, to finally find the strength to come forward, then hear a load of morons tell them "they should have come forward sooner", "what's the point in saying it now", "they just want their 15 minutes".

(Sorry, rant over)

pigletmania Mon 15-Oct-12 22:29:41

Err he I so grim, I aways thought he was envy

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 15-Oct-12 22:46:25

Oh I know - people's attitudes - thinking those women want money and they should shut up now he is dead.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to tell the world what happened. They are very brave. Chridt knows they must be devasated bt the attitudes.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 15-Oct-12 23:50:51

Every time I see or hear something like that all I can think is, what if they read this you absolute tosser angry

We like to think attitudes have changed since then but have they? Really? Because it still seems ridiculously acceptable to victim blame.

QueenStromba Tue 16-Oct-12 00:31:56

YANBU. I've stopped following the thread in chat because every link I clicked on had his horrible face in it.

Latara Tue 16-Oct-12 03:11:30

I was in a cafe yesterday & actually had to get up & turn over a newspaper near me because his face was on the front... put me off my coffee.
I don't think it seems to bother some people but I didn't like him before all these revelations; i definitely don't want to see his face on the front of papers now!

So YANBU.

Brycie Tue 16-Oct-12 03:20:27

They're pulling out the worst ones they can find. Admittedly it's not hard. But they're looking for the most revolting "how can we not have known this person was a paedophile" photos on file.

ChasedByBees Tue 16-Oct-12 06:54:16

YY Brycie. I hate seeing his hideous face everywhere.

Growlithe Tue 16-Oct-12 07:10:15

They do seem to be having a little competition to find the most hideous ones. Which I think in its own way is trivialising what happened all over again.

WineGoggles Tue 16-Oct-12 08:01:30

YANBU. He always gave me the creeps and now, knowing what he's done, he looks even creepier to me. The impression I got from him back in his Jim'll Fix It days was that he was doing the show to massage his own ego and for fan worship rather than for the good of the children. I mean, he was sat on a "throne", smoking a cigar, and wearing bling. Yuk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now