Talk

Advanced search

I am.. and I am freaking myself out.

(8 Posts)
Onceortwice Mon 15-Oct-12 14:13:26

I am terribly scared of birds. Total phobia...

... DD has decided that she likes them and wants them in our garden (started off with Owls at school) We now have about 10 feeders in the garden and have load of small birds, plus wood pigeon and magpies (plus squirrels).

I am a bit addicted to making fat balls and filling up the bird feeders, DD loves it (even though she is ill at the mo, she is still on about the birds). But it scares the shit out of me. When I'm filling the feeders up, I can see them watching me.

I HATE BIRDS. What am I doing????????????????????

pjmama Mon 15-Oct-12 14:15:53

You're doing a lovely thing for your DD and you never know, you might desensitize yourself a bit in the process! grin

Onceortwice Mon 15-Oct-12 14:31:27

I have 7 7 bloody magpies in the garden, 2 squirells and about 4 pigeons. No little birds at all. Hateful bloody things that give me the heebeegeebies

Poledra Mon 15-Oct-12 14:34:34

Get an airgun.... grin

Onceortwice Mon 15-Oct-12 14:38:50

poledra - I am not that proud to admit I have done that in the past blush but I have a bigger garden now. I am OK, as long as they don't get too close.

It's just refilling the bird feeders. I can see them. They are watching me. (yes, yes, they are waiting for me to leave, but they make me uncomfortable)

Poledra Mon 15-Oct-12 14:43:29

Did you see The Birds at an unreasonably early age?

VinegarTits Mon 15-Oct-12 14:47:57

you have Ornithophobia, David Beckham has it too, does it make you feel any better knowing that?

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Mon 15-Oct-12 14:50:31

I am right there with you on the phobia of birds, particularly pigeons.
one flew into my bedroom when I was younger and i sought refuge on the bottom bunk while it was flapping and flailing all around trying to peck me to death
<shudder>
I am deeply suspicious of crows - they seem to be the size of dogs these days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now