Talk

Advanced search

To strangle DH when he gets home?

(20 Posts)
BreeVanDerTramp Mon 15-Oct-12 13:42:03

We have just moved (yesterday) 3 hours away from home to be closer to his work. The new house is a tip, boxes everywhere but I cannot leave the living room/playroom to unpack as the patio doors open from the inside and DS2, age 2 has realised this. He will be off like a shot and we have a dense wood on one side and a 60 mph road on the other.

The only food in the house is a packet of biscuits and a pint of milk.

I had planned in going out with the 3 DC to do a big shop (can't order online no broadband yet) and to get something to secure door.

I can't, DH has accidentally taken the fucking car key with him and won't be back till 7. I could scream!

CockyPants Mon 15-Oct-12 13:46:01

Tell him to get his arse back home right now.

Petsinmyputridpudenda Mon 15-Oct-12 13:47:04

can you order in a pizza or something?
empty a big box, put the toddler in and seal it up -put in air holes and a few biscuits first, so you can crack on?

HumphreyCobbler Mon 15-Oct-12 13:47:29

god how annoying

nailak Mon 15-Oct-12 13:47:57

can you not walk to the shops/bus it and get a cab back?

or at least walk to a shop to get something to secure door, so you can unpack and make dinner?

CailinDana Mon 15-Oct-12 13:48:24

Yeah I would make DH come home too.

BTW if you do box up the toddler, don't forget about him and put him out with the recycling.

FredFredGeorge Mon 15-Oct-12 13:48:26

If you cannot lock the patio doors, how will you go out anyway?

gymboywalton Mon 15-Oct-12 13:49:27

patio doors that open from the inside that a 2 year old can unlock???????????

it does have a key surely?? that can be removed??

i would be phoning dh and asking him to come home though

Numberlock Mon 15-Oct-12 13:51:34

It's a genuine mistake, you can't ask him to come home.

Is there not a local corner shop where you can buy a few bits and pieces to last today and then do a supermarket shop tomorrow?

I don't understand the issue with the patio door, does it not lock or has your husband taken this key with him too?

FrequentFlyerRandomDent Mon 15-Oct-12 13:53:46

To ahead. Sounds fair to me. But get the keys first.

If just moved, there my be some masking/ elephant tape around. Tape door handles shut for now. Unsightly but may be enough to deter a toddler.

FrequentFlyerRandomDent Mon 15-Oct-12 13:54:08

Go ahead!

BreeVanDerTramp Mon 15-Oct-12 14:02:56

Patio doors really strange, need a key to open from outside but just a lever that flicks up inside confused

Nearest shop is 6 miles away, no change for bus, don't even know if there is a bus stop. Can't take can as car seats locked inside car and could not travel with DC unrestrained DD is only 12 weeks.

Boys having a tin of spaghetti for lunch, I'm having a cuppa. Biscuits aren't even chocolate! Never mind I will go shopping when he gets in and leave bedtime to him.

DS2 may go for a nap, although I prefer the cardboard box idea grin

cestlavielife Mon 15-Oct-12 15:38:26

any neighbours nearer than six miles ?

BreeVanDerTramp Mon 15-Oct-12 16:04:00

There are a couple of neighbours up the road, but only moved in yesterday so don't want to bother them with my silly problems. Think I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself, have left behind a busy life and all my friends have lots planned for the school holidays, DS doesn't start his new school until after the holidays so not going to meet anyone until then. I'm sure we will find our feet soon enough smile

doublecakeplease Mon 15-Oct-12 17:42:35

Could you drag a piece of furniture across the patio doors for now??

plutocrap Mon 15-Oct-12 17:46:23

Do get a mobile dongle (plug in broadband) on Pay As You Go if you can: it will really help you through the initial period in your new home! smile

I hope you manage this immediate crisis!

BreeVanDerTramp Mon 15-Oct-12 17:48:43

Double cake you are a genius! The couch weighs a ton and is about 5 metres from door but should manage to drag it across if I load up on painkillers first as my back is killing me

McHappyPants2012 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:50:36

Justeat.co.uk.

A take away is the law when you move to a new house

bran Mon 15-Oct-12 17:52:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Olympicrock Mon 15-Oct-12 17:54:16

To get Internet use your smartphone to broadcast a wifi hotspot to your laptop and bingo! Tesco online shopping is back in the game!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now