Talk

Advanced search

To think this was a bit misleading

(5 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Mon 15-Oct-12 10:06:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GossipWitch Mon 15-Oct-12 10:16:03

I had the same sort of letter from my sons school, both boys were very excited about it and both really wanted to go, until I read one sentence that said 15 children from the school will be picked to take part in this exciting opportunity, the youngest one, (ever hopeful) was sure that he would be picked whilst the eldest said well I never get picked for anything so I wont even bother. Both were disappointed. It was for some sciency thing.

quoteunquote Mon 15-Oct-12 10:19:45

That is terrible, I would put in a complaint, as the children were clearly lead to believe that they were to be included in the activity.

How much support would they have got for the event, if they had been clear from the outset who would be benefiting, probably not much, hence the subterfuge, which is deceitful,

Just write a letter to the head and governors explain you do not approve of your child being mislead, so they need to make sure that all children in the school have access to activity.

Whistlingwaves Mon 15-Oct-12 10:20:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dysfunctionalme Mon 15-Oct-12 10:22:10

I think you have been misled and that is not acceptable. I would ask for more clarity about future fundraisers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now