Talk

Advanced search

To be crying and crying over Downton. *warning* spoiler alert

(95 Posts)
Teamumizumi Sun 14-Oct-12 23:05:26

I know it's j just telly but .. Huhhuh... Choke... It's so devastating....

Riddo Sun 14-Oct-12 23:07:54

I cried for ages, it's so sad. She was the nicest of all of them.

Whatdoiknowanyway Sun 14-Oct-12 23:08:17

Me too

nipersvest Sun 14-Oct-12 23:08:17

dh knows julian fellowes. i shall be having words.

Whatdoiknowanyway Sun 14-Oct-12 23:08:56

Crying that is, not knowing JF

MeFour Sun 14-Oct-12 23:09:16

I'm just watching it now. Watching Cora with my own 'baby' asleep next to me.

CheerfulYank Sun 14-Oct-12 23:09:33

What! Oh no, no no no no no no. NO! sad

(Am in America, won't see it properly for some time but googled.)

So sad. sad

InVeryveryBadTaste Sun 14-Oct-12 23:10:37

God yanbu - I'm still teary too blush ridiculous aren't we? It's a bloody tv programme!!
But poor poor Pickles and the baby to have no gentle loving mummy.

CailinDana Sun 14-Oct-12 23:12:31

Not a good episode to watch when pregnant. DH doesn't usually watch it but he was laden with cats and didn't bother buggering off. Poor guy, he was all "What? What did she have? What's eclampsia? But you couldn't get that could you?" I reassured him that they monitor you for it really closely these days but had to admit that it still kills some women every year sad

Really well acted though and so sad.

missingmumxox Sun 14-Oct-12 23:13:03

I knew it from the moment he mentioned the swollen ankles! shakes fist at my dear dead Mother the Midwife, I swear I could do midwifery exams tomorrow and pass, due to dinner time convo's of my mother..I was about Sir whatever his face was called and the family dr..she may have given birth but she will still die! got quite cross I did! smile

PoppadomPreach Sun 14-Oct-12 23:15:24

What's the point in putting spoiler alert when you've already given a very very big clue in the rest of the title?

HappyTurquoise Sun 14-Oct-12 23:18:27

Well, I thought it was about a Terry Prachett character! Very relieved it isnt!

hmm completely with Poppadom on this...it's like reading one of the Daily Mail "spoiler alerts"

Teamumizumi Sun 14-Oct-12 23:33:03

Pops not at all. She could have said Tom wasnm't the Dad and been hounded out of Yorkshire. With Carson. Who was the Dad.

purplepenguin86 Mon 15-Oct-12 02:50:35

I was sobbing for about 10 minutes after the end of the programme. I just still can't quite believe they did that!

ripsishere Mon 15-Oct-12 03:50:20

sad now I know what's going to happen, even though I've got to wait for the box set.
I have stayed away from the threads in telly addicts for that very reason.

EugenesAxe Mon 15-Oct-12 04:58:55

YANBU... it was horrible. Explain though how you can still die after giving birth successfully when you have pre-eclampsia? Genuine Q; ignorant here.

It brought home the realities of why PE monitoring is important though; never really took on board how serious a condition it is. I thought Sibyl acted it very well; her neck looked scary.

ripsishere Mon 15-Oct-12 05:36:03

I bleive it still happens which is why PE monitoring is so essential.

greenrabbits Mon 15-Oct-12 09:13:26

I was in bits - sobbing at the telly, screaming at Hugh Bonneville. So upset.

MrsReiver Mon 15-Oct-12 09:17:27

CailinDana agreed! DH never watches Downtown Abbey but saw Lady Mary looking particularly gorgeous and decided to join me. After the episode he turned to me (20wks pregnant) and announced "aye, don't be pulling any of that shit when it's your turn" Poor fella. I reassured him MW monitor us rigorously for PE.

I think it maybe curtains for Cora and Bob though sad

googleberry Mon 15-Oct-12 09:21:03

I sobbed too, but I did think once the baby was delivered you were ok, (I need go google) hence why they took my little boy out, I'm remember those headaches, swollen ankles and face very well. sad

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 15-Oct-12 09:22:36

Ohhh OP watch out people will be after your blood for your spoiler alert now. I remember getting flamed to hell for informing people that Voldemort died in the last HP film... grin

It was awful to watch. All through it DH was all "but but but didnt your sister have that??" "yes DH but she gave birth in 1997 not 1920, they were able to get to her in time"

bigpantspam Mon 15-Oct-12 09:40:45

I had eclampsia and had a fit after the birth of my so, very scary to think it could have killed me. I've cried at every bloody episode of Downton this series!

BonVoyageCharlieBrown Mon 15-Oct-12 09:41:19

I got really angry, was shouting at the telly! (yes i know its not real) Stupid men!!! The doctors just stood there and did nothing! Baahhhh!

I sobbed a bit. It was so so sad sad

WizardofOs Mon 15-Oct-12 09:47:20

pre-eclampsia usually resolves after birth you can have postpartum pre-eclampsia or can lead to eclampsia or HELLP syndrome. Women with pre-eclampsia should be monitored closely after birth - the first 48 hours are the most concerning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now