Talk

Advanced search

To be really disappointed in myself?

(17 Posts)
Flumpyflumps Sun 14-Oct-12 20:09:59

Need some ass kicking ladies... I've got my sisters wedding in 6 months. I am bridesmaid. The dress that I am wearing has been bought, but is too small, on the understanding I've been trying to tone up recently and rid self of SOME baby belly.

Anyway was doing quite well but have just gone a bit bonkers and eaten 2 mars bars and a snickers. That's after my full sized roast dinner.

Tell me I can pull it back mumsnetters!!

Tell me you've done worse!!

The frock is in my wardrobe staring at me every day.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 14-Oct-12 20:11:54

It's the weekend, give yourself a break. Can you have the dress taken out a bit?

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sun 14-Oct-12 20:12:26

It'll be fine.

You'll do a big poo tomorrow and carry on with your diet.

A change in calories will probably jolt your body into working harder or summat .

I eat raw cake mix from the bowl - be greatful you aren't me!

wink

DeadQODy Sun 14-Oct-12 20:12:32

1 bad meal a week leaves you 20 good ones
5 leaves you 16

I would have a bad day and give up, the trick is to not!

bearing in mind I had a gastric bypass I am laughing at me giving you advice

RubyFakeNails Sun 14-Oct-12 20:12:40

Don't obsess about it.

Don't now think oh well fuck it for today and eat more.

Carry on as if never happened.

Oh and maybe brush your teeth and have some water to get rid of the chocolate taste.

WinklyFriedChicken Sun 14-Oct-12 20:12:47

My wedding dress used to be falling off me, a year ago

Now I can't zip it up

Clearly I do worse, a lot

6 months is plenty of time, don't worry

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Sun 14-Oct-12 20:13:13

Of course you can do it.

Try Dukan.

honeytea Sun 14-Oct-12 20:13:34

Tomorrow is a new day, start the diet afresh, you can do it!

Flumpyflumps Sun 14-Oct-12 20:16:10

Had been doing OK, was like a frenzy of rebellion!!

Flumpyflumps Sun 14-Oct-12 20:19:46

Akiss it's impossible to alter due to fabric, there's like an embroidered bit too that goes across the side seams so there's not a single thing I can do to it, gutted!

KD0706 Sun 14-Oct-12 20:21:08

I agree with the others. Just move on from it. Tomorrows a new day etc.

I'm bad for eating a whole packet of Jaffa cakes in one go. Today I've eaten a whole packet of the mint aero balls. Not a single serving packet, one of the big ones you're supposed to share with a whole family!!

Trills Sun 14-Oct-12 20:22:06

First try to think why you ate them.

The first one makes sense. But did you really enjoy the second and third?

Lavenderhoney Sun 14-Oct-12 20:22:37

Err, was planning to do shred etc but got waylaid by broken Hoover, wild dc and general crap day do have eaten chips, drank vodka, been busy on mn..

Tomorrow is a new day. Up, salute to the sun, callenetics, lots of water... Plus you have a fab baby, and if it was me, holding at bouquet on my tummysmile Big smile... Spanx is a wonderful thing in an emergency! Get the dress let out if you can, or buy another in bigger size like the one you have if you can afford it.

Six months is ages, which mightbnotbhlp with rationingsmile

Trills Sun 14-Oct-12 20:23:22

Once you understand why, next time you decide to rebel you can rebel with one chocolate bar you enjoy, instead of three that you don't. smile

Flumpyflumps Sun 14-Oct-12 20:29:19

The multipack was there, in my eye line, full sized bars (not fun sized even) and my hand kept shooin out like one f those frogs catching bugs.

Not sure why, will try to rein self in.

On plus side they won't be there for my packed lunches during the week. So I can't eat them then!

ivanapoo Sun 14-Oct-12 20:51:04

I can't have choc bars, biscuits, ice cream or cake in the house or I will eat them all in one go so I really sympathise.

Just don't buy them again for home is my advice - get some nice teas or something and when you want something sweet have one of those instead.

(I still eat shitloads of choc & cake but it's limited to when I'm out of the house at least!)

INeedThatForkOff Sun 14-Oct-12 20:55:47

Well, if you don't rein it in you're going to have to pay for another dress in your current size. Sorry, I'm aiming for bring cruel to be kind smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now