Talk

Advanced search

to not understand how having a stone in your pocket will change your life?

(48 Posts)
PeggyCarter Sun 14-Oct-12 18:39:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThatBloodyKnid Sun 14-Oct-12 18:41:27

I see you've been talking to my mother. grin

Hassled Sun 14-Oct-12 18:45:13

It's just woo.

BUT it's probably also self-fulfilling. The quartz whatsit will make her feel more confident and outgoing, which people will respond positively to, which may swing the job interview and make forming new friendships easier, make her take on new challenges etc etc.

Trills Sun 14-Oct-12 18:45:50

Carrying around the extra weight means you will be very very very slightly skinnier?

MrsKeithRichards Sun 14-Oct-12 18:47:55

I doubt there's any scientific evidence but does there'd always have to be? If it helps her focus on a new, and more positive, chapter in her life, it isn't costing her a fortune or endangering anyone then what's the harm?

piprabbit Sun 14-Oct-12 18:48:06

I guess that it might be possible that the stone makes her feel better about herself, more confident, more positive that she can achieve things and that it may then become a self-fulfilling cycle.

<grasps at straws>

Thisisaeuphemism Sun 14-Oct-12 18:48:47

Ooh pass on your friends addess, I have some crap magic beans to sell.

ThreadWatcher Sun 14-Oct-12 18:49:14

Woooooo!

YouMayLogOut Sun 14-Oct-12 18:49:56

No scientific evidence.

However if she likes the stone and she links it with happiness then why not?

PeggyCarter Sun 14-Oct-12 18:50:42

PeggyCarter Sun 14-Oct-12 18:52:47

PeggyCarter Sun 14-Oct-12 18:53:44

MrsKeithRichards Sun 14-Oct-12 18:57:27

It's something to do with energies and shit.

I bought a book about it from woolies years ago.

Stropzilla Sun 14-Oct-12 19:03:48

I carry something. I'm fully aware it's not magic. Every time I touch it I am just reminded to keep positive and that people love me. Agree with Hassled it is self fulfilling.

I've found it helpful when in a lot of pain, something to hold and keep my outlook upbeat when I don't feel it. Woo? Very possible but it works for me.

degutastic Sun 14-Oct-12 19:05:04

Shit this must explain where I've been going wrong all these years shock

heads off to raid rockery and change my fortunes

grin

maras2 Sun 14-Oct-12 19:05:38

Whatever gets you through. < mad as a box of frogs though >

JollyJackOLantern Sun 14-Oct-12 19:08:37

DS (18 months) is constantly carrying stones around. The other day he took one for a walk. We wandered about the village for 1.5 hours and when we got home he still had the stone he'd picked up from our street.

He's a fairly happy wee chap.

squoosh Sun 14-Oct-12 19:11:11

JollyJackOLantern's son is clearly the high priest of the Stone Carrying Cult.

getrealandgetalife Sun 14-Oct-12 19:13:05

when i was little my favourite toy was a rock on a peice of string... ( the rock had a hole in it you see) I took it for walks and everything.

I was a lot happier then...

but i was three!

RabbitsMakeGOLDEggs Sun 14-Oct-12 19:14:06

Some people just have different beliefs, and since it's all right to have our own faith in whatever we like, I guess for her, her rose quartz will help her to improve her life.

QueenofNightmares Sun 14-Oct-12 19:14:32

No different from someone carrying a crucifix, buddah or star of david its a symbol smile If it makes her feel more secure then where is the harm.

Quartz crystal is supposed to direct energy, rose quartz is commonly used for love and emotional healing.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 14-Oct-12 19:15:02

My fil picked up a stone from the beach dh and I got married, kept it for a year and got it set in a pendant for me for our first anniversary. The big softie!

Viviennemary Sun 14-Oct-12 19:16:00

If it makes her feel better, why not. Apparently there is a crystal for every situation.

TodaysAGoodDay Sun 14-Oct-12 19:16:01

Tell her to take them out before she puts her clothes in the washing machine or they will be very expensive positive vibes grin

MistyB Sun 14-Oct-12 19:18:52

Jack, there is a beautiful Shirley Hughes, Alfie and Annie Rose story about Alfie's stone, his mum made clothes for it!

No idea how crystals are supposed to work but I like the idea of something positive to 'cling' to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now