Talk

Advanced search

to think that this warning is stupid

(28 Posts)
McHappyPants2012 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:00:58

www.amazon.com/California-Exotics-Original-Rabbit-Vibrator/dp/B000HVZ3SQ

as the link applies there is a picture of a vibrator, so if you have DC around atm it may not be a good idea to open it.

this is the warning:~

WARNING:
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.

now why would a 3 year old have 1 lol.

what other silly warning have you seen

Maisydaisy34 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:04:58

The ones in the supermarket usually make me laugh
Packet of nuts- the warning; may contain nuts <confused face>

notsofrownieface Sun 14-Oct-12 18:06:11

Normally on a bag of peanuts you get the 'warning may contain nuts' well no shit Sherlock. hmm

notsofrownieface Sun 14-Oct-12 18:06:55

Xpost

AgentZigzag Sun 14-Oct-12 18:07:30

Looking for early Christmas presents? grin

They've not thought about what the sticker's on have they? But then the amount of posts on here with DC finding and asking about sex toys they've found in front of visitors, maybe the warnings are sensible? grin

PeggyCarter Sun 14-Oct-12 18:13:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amicissimma Sun 14-Oct-12 18:16:54

I like the packets that say on the bottom "keep other way up"!

Trills Sun 14-Oct-12 18:47:37

Re peanuts - peanuts are not true nuts.

You can be allergic to nut-nuts and not allergic to peanuts.

The warning means that the packet may contain traces of nut-nuts.

It makes perfect sense to those who need to understand it.

ripsishere Sun 14-Oct-12 19:49:54

Caution. Contains (or may contain) hot fluids.
On a cup of take away coffee.

BertieBotts Sun 14-Oct-12 19:53:55

The not suitable for under 3 years thing is a legal requirement - it means it hasn't been tested as suitable for toddlers. I would be a bit shock if it had grin

fryingpantoface Sun 14-Oct-12 22:22:49

External use only

On vicks vapour rub

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 22:31:37

Do not drive, operate machinery or drink alcohol - on tyxilix smile

sashh Sun 14-Oct-12 22:38:14

You think these warnings are stupid, but not as stupid as people.

It is not uncommon for people to visit A and E after ironing the clothes they were wearing.

GodisaDJ Sun 14-Oct-12 22:42:48

Wasn't the "hot contents" warning on a cup something to do with some woman in America who sued McDonald's because her coffee was too hot and she burnt herself in the car going through the drive through? hmm

<ponders if she's making it up>

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sun 14-Oct-12 22:44:10

I'm sometimes tempted to do that grin, luckily my brain has always kicked in before I've got the iron out

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sun 14-Oct-12 22:45:49

GodisaDJ I'd hold off on the hmm face if I where you, the true facts of that case were terrible and the way that Mcdonalds manipulated those facts in the media was also horrible.

McHappyPants2012 Sun 14-Oct-12 22:46:15

where is the warnings on alcholic drink.......warning to much of this may result in a hangover lol

PoppadomPreach Sun 14-Oct-12 22:53:01

When I was looking at the instructions for the TENS machine I hired, it suggested you did a test before needing it properly and suggested attaching the pads (for example on your arm). It stated clearly not to test on your eyeballs.

On another note, the best ever "warning" I ever say was on a brown recycled grocery bag in Japan. I think they had looked up the word "biodegradable" and then translated, but got it wrong. It said "this bag will self destruct in Mother Nature"!!! Genius!

CaseyShraeger Sun 14-Oct-12 23:09:26

Our notification for DD2's eye test next month included a reminder that she shouldn't drive afterwards. She'll be 21 months...

Agree with HolyAutumn, there was a lot more behind the hot coffee case.

toofattorun Mon 15-Oct-12 00:19:29

If you google "woman burns McDonald's coffee" and go to images you will see how awful her burns were. WARNING: Graphic.

PrincessSymbian Mon 15-Oct-12 00:26:08

I love the Japanese one!

EmpressOfTheSevenScreams Mon 15-Oct-12 00:45:31

On an Ipod dock we bought last year: Do not microwave.

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 15-Oct-12 00:49:20

DD always wonders how she is meant to take her inhaler if it's kept out of sight and reach of children?

AudrinaAdare Mon 15-Oct-12 00:52:34

The warning on DS's lrubber vibrating hexbugs merely says, "for domestic use only".

It should probably be more specific IMO, such as, "for external use only" as it is surely only a matter of time...

neverarighttime Mon 15-Oct-12 01:14:44

oh these are so funny.... on the TENS thing, one of my male friends at uni did once hook one up to, well it wasn't his eyeballs but another kind of balls... so maybe these warnings are there for the more dim adventurous consumers??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now