Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think if you say you're going to a party, you should bloody well go?

(16 Posts)
slatternlymother Sun 14-Oct-12 17:52:02

DS had a little birthday party today as he was turning 2.

On Friday, a friend said she was at a loose end with her two DC today, so I invited her along. She seemed really pleased, asked for directions to my house, text me this morning saying she'd be there. She didn't bother. No text, email, phone call, nothing. I'd been out and got extra party bag bits too hmm

The rest of the guests came, so I had lots to keep me busy!

But surely, this is just rude? It's a child's birthday party! AIBU?

GrimAndHumourless Sun 14-Oct-12 17:54:08

I would assume summat had Gone Wrong her end, sicky child or car probs

slatternlymother Sun 14-Oct-12 17:55:28

But surely it's just polite to text and say 'sorry we can't make it, X has happened, see you soon'.

GrimAndHumourless Sun 14-Oct-12 17:57:37

why not just ring her then?

check she's okay?

I would be worried

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 14-Oct-12 17:59:23

Sounds to me like you invited her as an afterthought so she probably just thought it was neither here nor there if she didn't turn up.

butterflyroom Sun 14-Oct-12 17:59:48

Yep - rude. I've had to miss one due to illness BUT I let them know. Unless there was a dire emergency it's plain rude but sadly lots of people are rude......

cocoachannel Sun 14-Oct-12 18:00:59

Anything could have happened. I'd reserve judgement- you'll feel awful if something really bad kept her away.

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 14-Oct-12 18:01:15

Although just noticed that she text in the morning to say she would be there which surely she wouldn't bother doing if she had no intention of coming.

ashesgirl Sun 14-Oct-12 18:01:34

Bloody rude in my opinion. Unless, something bad happened. I'd text her and say 'is all ok?'

ShatnersBassoon Sun 14-Oct-12 18:01:50

I'd be worried. Something's happened that stopped her getting there.

slatternlymother Sun 14-Oct-12 18:31:06

Nope, I rang her and she said 'sorry we never got around to it, the afternoon just ran away with us.'

Hassled Sun 14-Oct-12 18:33:46

That's piss poor then. The afternoon never just "runs away" with you to the extent that you can't send a one sentence text.

marbleslost Sun 14-Oct-12 18:54:27

I go by the once bitten twice shy. Don't invite them again. There are enough people out there who have the consideration to reply to an inivitation then turn up.

She'll understand when it's her dc's party.

YouMayLogOut Sun 14-Oct-12 18:54:41

YANBU

D0G Sun 14-Oct-12 18:56:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

D0G Sun 14-Oct-12 18:57:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now