Talk

Advanced search

To think the CSA is taking the piss?

(24 Posts)
pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 10:39:12

CSA-Stands for Child Support Agency
Yet they cannot organize a piss up in a bureary-2 months in a row i'm yet to recieve payments from them.

No letter, no explanation but due to not getting any payments i thought i would give them a call!
So i phones up 3 times, getting put on hold for atleast 10 mins (que the awful music too) then getting a promise the caseworker will ring me ( which she doesn't).
So i phone a fourth time, finally caseworker rings me just as i get in the door from school run. She tells me the company ex works for have paid them the wrong amount both times so they have to manually pay it......ok fine but 7 days later i still have yet to recieve anything!
Fgs why can't they just press the damn computer and pay it? And why is it so hard for them to send a letter to me when mistakes happen or atleast call me!

Bloody useless whats the point, if the gov think i'm paying £100 to retrieve money next year for this shitty service they can stuff it.

Seriously why is this service so bad when children need the money they deserve?

Meglet Sun 14-Oct-12 10:46:38

sad

I don't understand why they mess up some cases as I've never had a single problem. I went into in prepared for battle and it ran smoothly.

Is it the absent parent messing them around that causes the problem?

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 10:50:12

That's the think Meglet, it is taken straight from his wages from the company in which he works, so it's not even the absent parent at fault as it gets taken whether he likes it or not iyswim.

What i don't get is that the CSA have the money but because it is slightly under they will not process it and are doing a manual payment order which seems to be taking forever!
I don't care if its a little short..

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sun 14-Oct-12 10:58:48

Is your case with Bolton office by any chance?

They are a shower of incompetent arseholes IME. Worse than any other dept. of the CSA, because that office's work is contracted out.

I have been dealing with them for 9 years now, they were rubbish at first, now they're fucking useless!

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 11:06:57

I'm sure what office it is, all i know is that it's the office in the South East.
I'm starting to think they've robbed the money tbh as they've taken it from ex yet i haven't recieved it.
Complete idiots

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 11:07:07

Not surr

sashh Sun 14-Oct-12 12:57:32

Seriously why is this service so bad when children need the money they deserve?

Do you remember what it was like before the CSA?

It is far from perfect but better than making averyone go to court and be at the mercy of which judge yoou got.

RedHelenB Sun 14-Oct-12 13:01:38

Get onto your MP!!!

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Sun 14-Oct-12 13:06:11

YANBU. The CSA are a joke and should be completely re invented as they are currently not fit for purpose.

I'm so sorry you are having to put up with this. I can't understand why something as fundamentally important to society as parents paying for their children isn't an issue that has the government pouring money into it.

financialwizard Sun 14-Oct-12 13:22:22

It took 18 months for the Plymouth Office to sort mine out. By which time they owed me many thousands of pounds. So YANBU.

There needs to be an easier way of sorting Child Support out.

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 13:38:25

saash-problem is it may have been worse before the CSA for some people, but the fact remains that most parents are still going without money their child/ren need and the service is still failing and failing terribly.
Last year they didn't even bother to notify me my ex was out of work for 8 months, the money just stopped without an explanation. Now he has been back in work for 4 months i have only just started recieving it again only for them to cock it up.

I just hope they have scrapped the plans for the £100 to recieve payments next year as the CSA should be workable without the extra cash.

Fact is, he chose to create a child so he should pay for dds upkeep and so should all the other dads/mums out there that aren't.

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 14-Oct-12 13:49:21

My friend had her exes oldest 2 DCs with her - youngest with mum.

Ex built up thousands and thousands in CSA arrears - dh never chased on request of children.

As soon as oldest out of CSA age - ex slapped a CSA claim on them - CSA have disregarded £4.5k of arrears. (there were 2 claims in - the net diff created arrears.

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 17:03:35

Awful Izzy just awful, these non-resident parents should be made to pay!
My ex is also in arrears with the csa, no where near your friends amount! But i'm still haven't seen hide nor hare of those eitherangry

Maisydaisy34 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:08:38

I'm not 100% sure on this but you can possibly get a payment of around £90 fo the CSA for every payment they mess up
Dsis always has problems with her case and she claims the money each time they mess it up

Maisydaisy34 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:09:56

From the CSA* this money also has no effect on the money you're owed you should still be getting that, I suppose its an inconvenience payment

littlemisssarcastic Sun 14-Oct-12 18:16:38

CSA = Can't solve anything

I've been trying to get maintenance from my xp since 2009. I know that's not nearly as long as some people wait, but that's virtually all of DD's life so far. DD is 4.
XP has, apart from a 6 week period, been employed full time since DD was born.

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 19:21:11

Thankyou MaisyDaisy- I shall look into that as it is their cock-up, don't see why my dd should miss out because of their incompetance.

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 14-Oct-12 19:27:11

My ex tried every trick in the book to shake them off and they ended up going through his work. It took from me contacting them when DD was 8 months until she was 13months (last month) until I got ANYTHING. But, on the plus side it was all back dated.

jjuice Sun 14-Oct-12 20:17:50

I agree the system is useless although many many of the actual staff are amazing and do try really hard. Bolton seem to be completely incompetent though.
9 years and a liability order for £18k, 2 tribunals later and I am looking at a further liability order for another £10k...ex is director of family company that is doing very nicely ...company been going for about 30 years with same address and phone number yet somehow csa cannot contact them to enforce the deduction of earnings order. yeah really.
they kept a payment for 7 months once so OP sounds like you are one of the lucky ones although I do sympathise.

mspanda Sun 14-Oct-12 20:29:14

it's a nightmare when ex is self-employed. He just refuses to cooperate in any way. Keeps going to court where he's facing prison. Always manages to escape it. Wonder if its got anything to do with him being a barrister?

thekidsrule Sun 14-Oct-12 20:35:37

agree with Meglet thought it would be a nightmare and they have been great

although its only been 3months

and ds dad is paye at the moment,so that makes it easier

my only gripe is he pays from his bank on the 25th of the month and i dont recieve in my bank till the approx 8th

hope you get things soughted op

deleted203 Sun 14-Oct-12 20:36:41

They are crap. I got no money at all for 9 years (by which time eldest was 16). Then I got a pitiful amount and have just been re-assessed and told that ex doesn't have to pay anything at all for the 2 left at home, because he can't afford to, apparently. Yet he has just bought a brand new car! I've never had a bloody brand new car in my life. Oh, and he works full time as a lorry driver, has a mortgage free house and lives on a 300 acre farm which he rents out and get an income of £300 per acre on. How does that work? His bloody income from the farm alone is £90,000 a year!

thekidsrule Sun 14-Oct-12 20:42:12

christ reading some of these and what assets the bloke has and still fudgeing payment i think id be up on a gbh charge and very very angry

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 14-Oct-12 22:03:56

They are a bit crap - I made a mistake setting up the so for dhs ex - I didn't realise for 4/5 weeks when I did my monthly check of bank statements.

I was horrified when I saw payments out and straight back in and dh paid full amount straight away over phone - but we hadn't had one call to let u's know there was a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now