Talk

Advanced search

If somebody is in your house sat with their fingers in their ears

(72 Posts)
Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 03:34:12

Because your child is crying, would you be annoyed/offended ?
He's not being left to cry we are dealing with it but it irrationally winds me up more than the crying tbh.
Is it me or is this person rude ?

BabylonPI Sun 14-Oct-12 03:36:25

Rude and YANBU

A crying baby can be frustrating, but not as much as being told/shown how frustrating if that makes sense confused

IShallCallYouSquishy Sun 14-Oct-12 03:43:33

How bloody rude and incredibly insensitive! YANBU!

It's bad enough for the parents as it is to have a screaming baby, but to have someone draw attention to it by being so damn rude is just awful. Is this a friend/family member?

Boomerwang Sun 14-Oct-12 03:47:16

That's incredibly rude. Tell this person to get out if they can't stand it. Who is it anyway? Family member?

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 03:50:35

Fucking mother in law ... week 7 of her 20 week visit, not the first time she's done this, I nearly slapped her. DH is having a word whilst I type furiously in the other room.

spondulix Sun 14-Oct-12 03:53:33

20 week visit?!?

KILL HER.

MarjorieAntrobus Sun 14-Oct-12 03:57:48

That is horribly rude, OP, not to mention quite attention-seeking and PA.

It's not remarkable to be disturbed by a crying baby. Cries are meant to get our attention, after all, BUT, she could explain how she felt and then remove herself from the scene. She could even offer to run an errand for you outside the house. She could be understanding, and helpful.

Clearly she's not though. Poor you. What a long visit.

AdoraBell Sun 14-Oct-12 04:00:20

OMFG!

YANBU and if it were my MIL doing this for 20 weeks I would move out.

I hope you can get your baby settled soon and I'm glad DH is the one having a word.

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 04:01:14

I am on the brink. She's booked herself a trip to Sydney for 4 days next week so that's a little break for me but honestly one more "incident" and I will not be responsible for my actions.
Apparently she did not realize this is incredibly rude

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 04:03:41

20 week visit?!!!!!!!

By, God. You are a much more tolerant than me.

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 04:04:59

It was meant to be 6 months, I've gotten off lightly.
Never ever again.

peedoffbird Sun 14-Oct-12 04:09:07

She knows it's rude! When I read your OP I assumed you were talking about your dc's friend, ie a child!!

Poor you. Hopefully she will get sick of the crying and sod off back home!

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 04:25:42

Personally.

I would stab this inconsiderate Bastard. AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN.

Until we got to a point that they didn't care if I was stabbing them any more.

CaliforniaLeaving Sun 14-Oct-12 04:31:41

You're a bloody saint having her for 20 weeks. Luckily my Mothers visits nver went past 11 weeks.
you will need lots of this wine

MrsRhettButler Sun 14-Oct-12 04:42:34

I'm sorry, I have nothing constructive to add but wanda's comment made me pmsl!

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 04:48:24

The pillow has been punched repeatidily.

I wasn't sure if I was over reacting but quite honestly I am scraping together the money to send her on a tour of new Zealand and then she can fuck right off.
Incidents so far include shouting at my 10 year old whilst she is lying on the floor having been knocked flying, locking the dog up in a room after swearing blind she would stay in and look after her ( 8 weeks old) poor pup was in a right state when we got home and yesterday snapping st my 12 year old who dared to want to use the bathroom and slammed the door on her.
I don't think I'll be teaching her to Skype either to bf honest.

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 05:11:18

To be clear,, when I was talking about stabbing people, I was talking about the nasty pasty adults.

Certainly nit any annoying weee weans

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 05:13:21

ER.. Bastard...

Scuse me, I've had a couple of sherbets & I may not be at my most coherent just noo. xx

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 05:15:31

Hehe blush

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 05:18:50

PMSL

WandaDoff Sun 14-Oct-12 05:20:28

Are you ok Mosman?

Not funny when you are the one that is living the madness. I know. xx

NervousAt20 Sun 14-Oct-12 05:25:17

Pass her the crying baby saying hold just for a minute ad walk out the room grin

YANBU she is very rude

Mosman Sun 14-Oct-12 05:51:08

I couldn't trust her to be kind to him though.

She has now apologized but even so I am still ready to have her not in my house for a bit. She just told DD3 she was going on a little trip for 4 days and DD3 did a little dance, not the reaction she was hoping for I imagine he he

Ozziegirly Sun 14-Oct-12 05:56:54

grin at little dance.

She sounds like Aunt Mary Maria.

You have more patience than I would. My in laws were here for 3 weeks and I had to go and cry in the bedroom as they were just annoying me so much, and they aren't even that bad.

Homebird8 Sun 14-Oct-12 06:15:42

I couldn't cope with my PIL for 3 days in the UK and they are coming to stay for 4 weeks at Christmas now we're in NZ shock

I think you're being more than reasonable allowing her to live OP. wine for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now