Talk

Advanced search

driving seat...

(4 Posts)
SharpInTheWoods Sat 13-Oct-12 23:05:58

My little boy is nearly 11month old and I'll be the first to admit that Im a little possessive about him. He's my pfb.

My issue is that it has just cropped up about installing car seats in grandparents car. They are great, if VERY INTENSE/annoying! My problem is, I am incredibly uncomfortable with anyone other than me or dh driving in car with him. They are incapable of paying attention to us when in a room with him, i shudder to think what they'd be like on the road!

my dh says they'll be fine but i just don't feel ready for it. Am i being unreasonable?

I apologise for grammar/spelling, Im doing this quickly on stupid phone.

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 23:09:13

Yabu, there will be times in years to come that you will be grateful that you have in laws that take the time to help out and want to spend time with your DC.

Is there a specific Reason, health wise/age or are you really just worried about DC not being with you?

Titchyboomboom Sat 13-Oct-12 23:10:40

I had the same fear but in the end, it was fine and I felt fine. I did go in the car with DD and granny though, so not alone. I really didn't think they would cope or know her well enough... I felt I was being over the top but couldn't help it... now she is 22 mths and I am a lot more relaxed about things, but it took time

Titchyboomboom Sat 13-Oct-12 23:11:57

I do think I was being irrational though... We are programmed to fiercely protect our children, but this was a little OTT I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now