Talk

Advanced search

To have never watched a single episode of The X Factor?

(81 Posts)
akaemmafrost Sat 13-Oct-12 21:30:15

Well I watched about 10 minutes one time about 5 years ago. <proud>.

I just don't get it I really don't. Can someone explain to me just what exactly is so gripping about it?

Judges? How the hell can someone like Cheryl Cole or Tulisa judge anyone's singing when they are so supremely shite themselves?

cheekydevil Sat 13-Oct-12 21:33:02

Nothing, is utter set up shite. Agree totally with you opions on judges, they are not great singers just produced well.

girlylala0807 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:34:55

Tis all simply a matter of opinion. I happen to like Tulisa, Cheryl. They have sold millions of records between them. Its my kind of music. I hate Coldplay or any kind of music like them. Each to their own.

I love the x factor in the same way I love all reality tv. Cant wait to see who is in who is out and I love the inane backstage bitching and gossiping. I do not like soap operas at all though. So again each to their own.

So I think yabu

MadgeHarvey Sat 13-Oct-12 21:35:13

Well here's the news! It's not mandatory. Yes, it's manipulated manufactured shit. Some people like it. Some people don't. I can't see what it is to you really - so you've never watched it? Are you feeling a bit smug and superior about that? I've never watched Strictly but I simply couldn't care less who does or who doesn't and why they might or might not enjoy it!

MrsHelsBels74 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:35:47

I'd say you were lucky!

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 13-Oct-12 21:36:39

To be fair you wouldn't get what was gripping about it if you've never watched it. You might love it if you actually sat down to a full episode. Why are you starting a thread being proud of not liking something you've not tried?

Disclaimer - I think it's utter shite.

ErmahgerdBahtsErndPuhmpkerns Sat 13-Oct-12 21:37:37

I've never watched x-factor but I did get strangely into strictly when I was pregnant, it was my only bizarre pregnancy craving.

akaemmafrost Sat 13-Oct-12 21:38:43

Wow some people get very angry about the X Factor. Interesting.

ZombTEE Sat 13-Oct-12 21:41:17

I half want to say 'what is Xfactor' but it wouldn't be true.

I've never watched it, however.

tescocarrierbagexplosion Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:19

Each to their own... I love Xfactor... But I don't like Emerdale, Corrie, Univeristy Challenge, time team..... Etc but I don't feel the need to talk about them? I just don't watch them!

ovenchips Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:56

I've never seen an episode either but feel like I have from all the clips of it on other things.

I am sure it is like other shite on the telly (of which I watch lots) you know it's shite and in fact you mock it, but there's something compulsive about it and before you know it you're glued.

In fact, I seem to remember I deffo did that with Neighbours. It took a fortnight's holiday abroad away from it to break the spell and realise anew it was bollocks.

SoleSource Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:56

Up to you. Do not get why people get upset at the choices other people naturally opt for. TV, music etc strange.

Mintyy Sat 13-Oct-12 21:43:16

Yanbu. I haven't either, and neither have millions of other people.

girlylala0807 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:43:33

I also think the world would be a very very boring place if we all likes the same thing.

I get the piss ripped out of me all the time over my taste in music and tv choices. I dont give a flying fuck. I love One Directions new song, I loved Geordie Shore, but I also love going to see independent films and reading non fiction books. Again. Each to their own.

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Sat 13-Oct-12 21:46:47

I haven't watched it either. But I work with someone who loves it, and was outraged at some dodgy goings on last week. She insisted on telling me about it EVERY DAY. So it's not as simple as just not watching the programme - it infests daily life.

MadgeHarvey Sat 13-Oct-12 21:48:30

Really? You think people here are getting angry? I can only conclude that you have no idea at all what the word 'angry' means! Or do you mean that most people aren't agreeing with you and patting your back telling you how absolutely super you are because you've never watched a TV programme?

akaemmafrost Sat 13-Oct-12 21:50:28

Was just coming on to say that halfspam. It's everywhere it's front page news it heads the news programmes the day after, well GB's little tantrum certainly did. You can't choose not to watch or be aware of it , it's everywhere.

Mintyy Sat 13-Oct-12 21:50:49

"infests" - yes it does, very annoying.

boaty Sat 13-Oct-12 21:53:52

I have never seen Big Brother or get me out of here or strictly...I confess to X factor occasionally but usually give up and find something more constructive to do! mning

FunnysInLaJardin Sat 13-Oct-12 21:56:01

it's shit pappy Sat Night TV and I hate it

shebird Sat 13-Oct-12 22:01:45

It wasn't bad a few years ago but think it has had it's day now so don't feel bad you're not missing much. It's all about self promotion for the judges. Now Strictly.... that's my guilty pleasure!

LonelyCloud Sat 13-Oct-12 22:03:23

YANBU. I'm not interested in it either. There's plenty of other stuff on TV that I'd much rather watch. I get mildly irritated by all the media coverage X-Factor gets too.

But to be fair, you'd probably have to watch an episode or two to be able to properly judge it's grippingness.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 13-Oct-12 22:08:29

I'm watching it now. It's one of those programmes that people are weirdly smug about not watching.

I don't watch live though, I record it so I can skip the ads, and the pointless blithering. I can do the results show in about 3 minutes.

MrsDeVere Sat 13-Oct-12 22:10:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mollydoggerson Sat 13-Oct-12 22:16:15

YANBU and I don't think you are being smug.

Some people seem to take it as an insult that others are not intrigued by it.

I hate that type of tripe, but I love lots of other tripe. To eadh their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now