loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think a child crashing into a tree is not funny

(46 Posts)
kim147 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:08:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbrook Sat 13-Oct-12 21:10:31

I am not sure what's going on tonight. First everyone thinks Take Me Out is awful and now this. grin

The people send their clips in and get money on YBF don't they? So they think it's funny presumably?

NickNacks Sat 13-Oct-12 21:11:22

I think it's funny.

<shrugs>

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 21:12:25

Oh come on, who doesn't laugh at people crashing into trees and falling into paddling pools grin

ShatnersBassoon Sat 13-Oct-12 21:13:20

I laugh at people hurting themselves, and I'm only slightly ashamed to admit it. Knowing the film makers get £250 makes it only slightly less funny.

Gunznroses Sat 13-Oct-12 21:15:17

Kim147 - ive been asking this question for years confused, what about tot falls off swing or something, smacks his head on concrete floor, cue ha!ha!ha! hmm some people are deranged.

kim147 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:15:20

SoleSource Sat 13-Oct-12 21:15:43

I sometimes wince but mostly it is funny!

snooter Sat 13-Oct-12 21:17:46

I hate the YBF clips of crashing children - makes my stomach lurch. I do however love clips of lunatic cats causing mayhem :-)

poachedeggs Sat 13-Oct-12 21:18:28

I think you can assume that no major injuries were incurred if the filmmakers are sending the video in to YBF.

It's hilarious though. I could listen to 2 year old DD chortling at dancing cats (and injured children) all night smile

ErmahgerdPerngwens Sat 13-Oct-12 21:19:10

Presumably, if any of the children were seriously hurt, the videos wouldn't get shown. I still don't find YBF funny, but doubt there are any lasting effects.

MrsWolowitz Sat 13-Oct-12 21:19:37

MrsWolowitz Sat 13-Oct-12 21:20:29

zombieplanmum Sat 13-Oct-12 21:22:00

I think its horrible, YANBU

SeveredEdMcDunnough Sat 13-Oct-12 21:23:28

Oh I can't stand you've been framed. I really can't. We know people who have it on when we go round, I have to sit there wincing and make excuses to go and do the washing up or something.

It's vile - and how do people listen to that awful twat of a man who commentates? Does he think he is funny?

ScreamyShriekyFrightyWoozyWooo Sat 13-Oct-12 21:25:07

I don't find a lot of the clips funny on their own, but Harry Hill's commentary makes them hilarious!

I did wonder tonight if the people who sent in the two clips of ladies with their skirts tucked into the waistband, showing their arses, actually knew those ladies or if they had filmed strangers.

kim147 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:25:12

snooter Sat 13-Oct-12 21:25:30

The commentating man is bloody awful, agreed

akaemmafrost Sat 13-Oct-12 21:25:44

My ds (9) loves it. My dd (6) though will not watch it as she says its mean for us to laugh at people hurting themselves, clearly my 6 year old dd is a much nicer and honourable person than I am grin.

zombieplanmum Sat 13-Oct-12 21:27:03

what makes me sick is when it is clearly preventable and the fuckwits parents just let it happen i assume they are thinking kerching

Gunznroses Sat 13-Oct-12 21:29:12

A kid tripping over their own feet, getting entangled in the washing etc i can see the funny side of, but there are many that ive seen on ybf involvingvery small children that have been awful, just because theymay not have ended up in hospial or sustained injury does not make it "funny", but each one to their own.

Boomerwang Sat 13-Oct-12 21:30:01

I don't like the accidents on YBF. I like the funny kids and animals and that's about it. I don't get why people laugh at others hurting themselves. They must have a mean streak.

On the subject, have you noticed they'll give £250 to the most boring of clips? I videoed our dog biting snowballs last year maybe I'll send that in and see if I get a bit richer.

Gunznroses Sat 13-Oct-12 21:31:39

And the commentator is diabolical, the funniest thing about him is that he doesnt know funny at all.

SoleSource Sat 13-Oct-12 21:40:25

The wedding videos are tbe best for me.

nightowlmostly Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:10

Harry Hill is what makes it funny, remember in the past with Lisa Riley, ugh.

Someone I used to work with got very irate at the kids hurting themselves, but come on, if the parents sent in the tape it can't have been life changing or anything! I don't know why but anyone falling is funny, like it or not. Maybe don't take it so seriously?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now