Talk

Advanced search

to think this is really rude?

(40 Posts)
ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 20:59:30

I really don't know if IABU or not. We don't own any pets. DDs birthday today. DMIL, DSIL and family invited for tea. Pissing down outside. They arrive - with 3 dogs in tow. Dogs let in and out a few times to the back garden, running in and out over floors with their dirty paws. The place now stinks of wet dog.

If you were invited to someones house - would you bring your wet dogs????

ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 21:00:02

Oh - and there's now lots of dog shit in our back garden which SIL forgot to pick up

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 21:01:28

I thought you were going to say they bought them as Birthday presents shock

YANBU though, that's shit (literally)

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Sat 13-Oct-12 21:01:32

yanbu. why the hell did you let them in?

HoneyDragon Sat 13-Oct-12 21:02:39

Nope. That's rude.

Kalisi Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:02

They should definately have asked!! How bloody rude!

kid Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:03

If I wanted to take my dog to someones house, I would always ask them first. I'd never turn up without speaking to them about it first as not everyone wants a smelly dog in their house which is understandable.

ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:32

What was I meant to do??? Turn them away at the door? That would have been even more rude! Although I wasa pissed off about the dogs I was happy they (the humans!) were here! DP just says that the kids like having the dogs here - so that's fine then.

ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 21:04:32

I don't think they notice the dog smell - I never notice it in their houses, but our entire house stinks. I've had to open the windows - despite it being brrrrrrr outside.

MyCatHasStaff Sat 13-Oct-12 21:04:48

He'll be washing the floors then will he? YANBU

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Sat 13-Oct-12 21:04:54

it is rude to turn up with dogs saying no would have been ok.

seems dp has volunteeed himself to clean up shit.

purplehouse Sat 13-Oct-12 21:05:16

Bad behaviour.

They should have cleaned your floors and collected the shit

ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 21:06:57

DP is definitely on dog shit duty!!!

quoteunquote Sat 13-Oct-12 21:07:31

I would never take my dogs into anyone house, unless I had to, and they are very well trained.

Such a strange thing to do, at a birthday party.

I don't think they respect you,

if they had to bring the dogs with them, they could of left them in the car and popped out to take them for a leg stretch.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 13-Oct-12 21:09:38

YANBU and they wouldn't have come into my house. Sometimes allergies are very convenient!

Your DP has just volunteered for floor washing and scoop-a-poop duty. Excellent.

CrapBag Sat 13-Oct-12 21:09:47

How rude!!!

I would call SIL and tell her she forgot something and get her to come and her pick up her dogshit, or get DH to deliver it to her. Then say she can clean the floors too!

I don't have a dog as I am allergic but I would never take a pet somewhere then just let it in.

Bunbaker Sat 13-Oct-12 21:10:36

I would have said "lovely to see you, but I'm afraid the dogs can't come into the house". It is unspeakbly rude to assume that the dogs would be welcome. They should have asked first.

ginmakesitallok Sat 13-Oct-12 21:12:06

Thanks for all the advice - but phoning SIL or stopping them coming in would cause huge family fall out - so just not worth it. Good to know IANBU though!

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Sat 13-Oct-12 21:14:10

sometimes a huge family fallout is ooth it if the alternative is being used as a doormat.

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Sat 13-Oct-12 21:15:20

Yuk,, yanbu

dondon33 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:16:25

YANBU - I find that weird and very rude hmm

HappyTurquoise Sat 13-Oct-12 21:18:12

I am with those who say no dogs in the house (although I might make an exception for very well behaved ones with lovely friends in tow!)

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Sat 13-Oct-12 21:30:38

Yuk,, yanbu

bushymcbush Sat 13-Oct-12 21:31:26

I'm going against the grain here but I think YABabitU.

Yes, they could have asked first. And yes, they definitely should've picked up the poo. That bit was rude. However, those issues aside, they are family and your DC loved having the dogs. The smell will go soon. Floors can be washed.

DontmindifIdo Sat 13-Oct-12 21:38:33

Next time, "oh, lovely to see you! Can you put the dogs in the garden? I don't want them in the house." <killer smile>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now