To wonder when I swapped lipstick and credit cards for socks and wet wipes

(17 Posts)
Raspberryandorangesorbet Sat 13-Oct-12 20:54:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

givemeaclue Sat 13-Oct-12 21:33:26

Why have you done that?

ZombTEE Sat 13-Oct-12 21:35:30

When you had a baby?

It's like when I dug into my handbag to get my security badge for a client's office and came out with a tube of nappy cream.

grin

GhostShip Sat 13-Oct-12 21:37:17

I've swapped cigs for Vaginal Examination guides!

Funny how things change

<rummages through handbag. Finds one teething toy, two slightly broken crackers, the lid from an Ella's pouch, more receipts than I can be bothered to count and a slightly chewed bickie peg>

Of course, my wallet isn't in there as DS likes to play with that, and my phone isn't as I have to hide it grin

Boomerwang Sat 13-Oct-12 21:38:52

Huh, try explaining away a half used tube of KY jelly in my baby's changing bag. Do people forget it's used for more than just greasing your fanjo? My kid gets constipated sometimes, KY Jelly on a thermometer helps.

MrsKeithRichards Sat 13-Oct-12 21:40:48

I've graduated to Lego men and hot wheels!

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:15

I don't even have children but I pulled an Octonaut and a bib out of my bag the other day. And I don't wear lipstick.

bagofholly Sat 13-Oct-12 21:45:40

Packet of Calpol sachets where once there were condoms. sad

ErmahgerdBahtsErndPuhmpkerns Sat 13-Oct-12 21:51:28

In my work bag I have a pair of toddler pants, DS1 hasn't needed an out and about change of pants in about a year and he doesn't go to work with me. It's a bit of a mystery what they're doing there and I keep forgetting to take them out.

In my coat pockets I have a matchbox car, a pine cone and numerous snotty tissues. All have perfectly reasonable explanations.

Raspberryandorangesorbet Sat 13-Oct-12 22:43:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GhostShip Sun 14-Oct-12 07:49:29

I want to be midwife, every training session I go on I end up being given one. There's always one in my handbag now. People are always fascinated

EagleRiderDirk Sun 14-Oct-12 08:02:20

One time I went to the footie with my normal bag as I couldn't be bothered to change over. Thankfully they didn't check properly as I'd gone in with a carton of aptamil and some very contraband scissors...

FutureNannyOgg Sun 14-Oct-12 09:18:48

You need a bigger bag, I have lipstick and wipes. [Smug]

Geeklover Sun 14-Oct-12 09:37:24

I too have lipstick and wet wipes.
I have a make friend that doesn't have children and he never fails to be amazed at the contents of my handbag.
Actually should I mention I also have a rampant rabbit in my handbag as well just now? grinblush

LilyCocoplatt Sun 14-Oct-12 10:21:15

My handbag isn't too bad but I keep finding packets of half eaten and abandoned snacks in my coat pockets from when I haven't been near a bin at the time.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sun 14-Oct-12 10:46:42

Currently in my handbag :

A Lego nan's head that has been in there since the last handbag thread. blush four inhalers. Seven small stones (thanks DS3), a pen, a pencil, a ripped pair of DD's tights, a bottle lid, a packet of fruit wiggles, anti bac gel, a pocket pack of tissues, a travel pack of wipes, my purse, nurofen tablets, a sachet of calpol, a nappy (a size below the ones DS3 is now in ?!) , my iPod, DS1's iPod, 3 Skylanders giants trading cards, DS1's letter with his pupil number for his 11+ (results email tomorrow while I'm waiting for him to finish Maths fun club), a spare pair of pants for DS2 (has soiling issues due to SN's), a half eaten mini gingerbread man, one of DD's earrings, and lots of almost unidentifiable crumbs that may well have been half of DS3's cereal bar from Thursday morning. hmm

I have a medium sized bag that appears to be the fucking Tardis...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now