Talk

Advanced search

To have interrupted feeding my dd to deal with...

(26 Posts)
Molehillmountain Sat 13-Oct-12 20:48:53

...the fairly large (think mini wolf) spider crawling across the pillow towards us. She thinks i was very u reasonable!

SomethingOnce Sat 13-Oct-12 20:49:53

Hope you were kind and gently popped it outside!

Molehillmountain Sat 13-Oct-12 20:51:39

The spider? Yes. Dd is latched on again.

Viperidae Sat 13-Oct-12 20:55:57

shock

You put it out??!! OMG I would be running around screaming and baby would be howling hysterically from all the adrenaline and stress thingies in the milk.

Molehillmountain Sat 13-Oct-12 20:57:24

Well there was a bit of that before I put it out wink

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 20:57:26

Viper she said it was a spider, not an escaped tiger Lol.

Molehillmountain Sat 13-Oct-12 20:59:32

And it might have been concussed from being swept away from the pillow fairly brusquely!

Kalisi Sat 13-Oct-12 21:05:00

Shudder! My heart would still be beating if I were you!

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 13-Oct-12 21:09:11

A still beating heart is a Good Thing!

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 21:10:44

The other day I was sitting downstairs when I heard a man's voice shout, "Arrgghh fuuuuck offfff!"

I didn't recognise the voice at all and crapped myself when I realised it had definitely come from my bathroom! shock

Then DH came running downstairs, saying he was brushing his teeth when he felt a crawling sensation on his head...it turned out to be a huge house spider that must have been on the towel he'd just used to dry his hair - hence the weird voice cos he nearly swallowed his toothbrush in shock grin

Viperidae Sat 13-Oct-12 22:31:01

Worra I hate spiders so would probably react to a large spider or a tiger in a similar way!

Am grossed out the thought of a spider on someone's head now!

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 22:32:26

I must admit, an escaped tiger on his head would have added bonus amusement grin

Agnesinroom25 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:32:57

I was just cuddling my 3 week old niece and a spider the size of my hand crawled up behind us.
It is now outside.

youarewinning Sat 13-Oct-12 22:37:16

I felt something on my head the other week - brushed it and catapaulted a spider into the boiling fat I'd just removed my roast from.

Not sure who was more shocked!

I was definately the more alive one of us. grin

WorraLiberty Sat 13-Oct-12 22:37:27

You put your hand outside? shock

Why didn't you just flick the spider off it?

EagleRiderDirk Sun 14-Oct-12 07:59:06

I think I'd have dealt with an escaped tiger far better than a spider. I recently discovered cif actifizz kills spiders off, having sprayed a hidden one whilst trying to clean my kitchen cupboard doors...

Fakebook Sun 14-Oct-12 08:15:01

Shudder! My heart would still be beating if I were you!

Hahahahaha. Let's hope so!

TheCountessOlenska Sun 14-Oct-12 08:20:39

Ha ha, have just remembered something terrible I did when DD was about 5 days old .. . was doing a night feed and a huge spider suddenly came running up the bed towards me. My automatic response? To lob the newborn baby at it shock shock !

OatyBeatie Sun 14-Oct-12 08:30:19

Countess, can I take a wild guess that dd wasn't a PFB? I think I can quite easily imagine hurling my second child at a spider, but PFB I would prob have let spider march all over me. grin

Mmmm at roast spider. Is that Hester Blumenthal?

TheCountessOlenska Sun 14-Oct-12 08:55:34

Err no she is my first born blush

My protective instincts obviously didn't kick in straight away, in my defence it was during that very surreal, sleep deprived first week when you're not sure what the hell is going on!

Anyway, it scared the spider off, DD unharmed (only got chucked to the end of the bed!)

Inneedofbrandy Sun 14-Oct-12 09:03:38

Why wasn't there a warning in the thread title. I am now scarred at all those beasts on people's heads beds and towels.

< rocks in a corner >

Calabraaiiiiiiiinnnnnsssss Sun 14-Oct-12 10:25:55

I'm afraid the large spider that startled me when feeding new born DD in the middle of the night got deaded by my magazine landing on it. shock

EagleRiderDirk Sun 14-Oct-12 10:35:04

countess I always figured I'd do something like that given my arachnophobia. Thankfully the situation never arose

Mrsjay Sun 14-Oct-12 10:40:19

You were saving her life that thing couldve carried her off grin she will appreciate it years to come,

OatyBeatie Sun 14-Oct-12 13:58:45

Countess, not to worry! It sounds a perfectly sensible strategy. I remember midwife advising me to "throw baby under your arm like a rugby ball" as a strategy for improved feeding position. So baby-chucking is officially endorsed. (Anyway, I dropped PFB a few times if I recall correctly!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now