Talk

Advanced search

I Don't Want To Go To Work. Its Not Fair.

(22 Posts)
SheelaNeGig Sat 13-Oct-12 11:56:19

<<stamps feet>>

I actually fuckung hate having to go to work at weekends. (nights are even worse).

I want to stay home and have wine and watch Merlin like normal people do.

Why do I have to have a sodding job that I have to erk stupid uncivilised hours?

Next job I get is going to be daylight hours and not werkends.

Fucking fucking bloody wirk.

It is unreasonable to make me go. Perhaps I eon't.

PuppyMonkey Sat 13-Oct-12 11:57:56

Ooh your w is coming out ad e grin

Chocolate might help is all I can say.

SheelaNeGig Sat 13-Oct-12 11:58:34

And I know it will be short staffed. Dangerous. Stressful. I won't get time to pee let alone eat and my uniform needs ironing.

SheelaNeGig Sat 13-Oct-12 12:00:23

Humph.

I dreamt last night i was running my own book and coffee shop. With nice sofas and cake. It was lovely.

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 13-Oct-12 12:00:39

<strokes OP's hair>

But its lovely on a wet Monday when everyone else is going to work.

I do share your pain though. I'm off this weekend but will be stamping my feet next Saturday.

mrswishywashy Sat 13-Oct-12 12:01:59

I know how you feel. I finish my week for 24 hours a day six days a week this evening. I am planning to ask if I can leave 3 hours early as its in my contract that I should get a break each day and this week I haven't. Very tired right now and know that my 24 hours off won't be long enough.

notsofrownieface Sat 13-Oct-12 12:18:17

I work in retail and I love weekends smileits so busy and time flies by! It helps that I love my job.

notsofrownieface Sat 13-Oct-12 12:18:57

Sorry I didn't mean to sound smug blush

GhostShip Sat 13-Oct-12 13:19:07

YANBU.

I'm now working 34 days on the trot sad no days off and have to do volunteer work and college in between. Grrrrr

BumpingFuglies Sat 13-Oct-12 13:22:53

Know how you feel OP, I'm off this weekend, but I hate it when I'm working. Especially miss the family sad

Hope it's not too bad for you thanks

treedelivery Sat 13-Oct-12 13:30:18

You know what's coming next as well, don't you? Christmas offduty <<shudder>>

I hear ya.

I always tell myself that loads and loads of people now work shifts. Since 24 hr supermarkets and helplines and just the general change in society. At least we are not the freaks we used to be.

PeahenTailFeathers Sat 13-Oct-12 13:36:10

I'm in our deserted office now pretending working hard. Weekend work is crap, isn't it?

QueefLatina Sat 13-Oct-12 13:37:33

Off to work in 50 minutes

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 13-Oct-12 14:08:00

Just worked out next day I am completely (definitely not called to work) is 10th November.

N0tinmylife Sat 13-Oct-12 14:14:59

I feel your pain! I will be dragging myself off the sofa and heading to work soon. On the plus side, though I hate nights with a passion, there is nothing to beat that lovely feeling of getting into bed, when everyone else is heading off to work!

MrsAceRimmer Sat 13-Oct-12 14:17:04

I'm already at work sad

WithoutCaution Sat 13-Oct-12 15:05:49

Just got back from work smile

If I was an incredibly mean employer I would never do weekends and leave it to my team. Alas I'm not, so I do my fair share grin

WeAreSix Sat 13-Oct-12 15:38:12

I hate nights more than anything. Especially that awful 4 - 6am 'I'm going to vomit' feeling. I also hated finishing a night on, say, Monday and that being classed as my day off... Fuck off I was there at 7am working!!! Even worse when that's followed by an early the next day.

I'm being made redundant from my fabulous evening and weekend job, dreading going back to a rolling rota.

featherbag Sat 13-Oct-12 15:40:52

I've just finished an 8-night stint to end 8 weeks of nights, so pleased that's over, it's been fucking vile. Let's see if 9am-10pm shifts are any better next week...

LadyMaryCrawley Sat 13-Oct-12 15:46:54

YANBU

The worst bit is when cast members have brought hangers-on with them and a bottle of wine to share after whichever crappy show they've just been in, which they do, loudly and VERY importantly, about 20 yards from where I'm sitting, and then, when they see me still working away at box office, laugh and say "Oooh when do you get to go home then?"

To which the answer is always "WHEN YOU TAKE THE HINT AND LEAVE THE FUCKING BUILDING" which I always say in my head but never out loud 'cause I'm nice and don't want to get sacked.

Then I think about that bit in The Devil Wears Prada where Emily Blunt grits her teeth and mutters "I love my job. I love my job. I love my job," under her breath.

But then... I never work on Mondays. So it's not all bad.

SheelaNeGig Sat 13-Oct-12 22:24:24

I'm back. It was shit as expected. Back tomorrow at 7.30.

I think I will use LadyMary's line

'LEAVE THE FUCKING BUILDING'

It might work.

pixwix Sat 13-Oct-12 22:31:15

Ach - I hear ya! am on at 7.30am too! - and the not peeing thing! or eating... have ironed uniform though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now