Talk

Advanced search

Child been sick but due at family gathering tomorrow...

(17 Posts)
RunOrRioja Fri 12-Oct-12 22:54:31

Okay, big weekend in scotland planed, supposed to be getting train tomorrow and tickets all booked and paid for.
DS just been sick and has been complaining for a couple of hours that he feels sick. Had planned to catch up with old friends while family stuff going on ( in laws very cool about me going off to do my own thing for the night as main event is Sunday afternoon)
DH thinks I should just go ahead with train journey and other plans but I think we should stay here and DH go on his own. It s too far to do a trip in one day.

Would you stay at home or go for family time and hope child is okay?

RunOrRioja Fri 12-Oct-12 22:55:27

Meant to say DS is 6.

FutTheShuckUp Fri 12-Oct-12 22:57:14

No I wouldnt take a sick child on a train, what about the other passengers

QuintessentialShadows Fri 12-Oct-12 22:57:45

I think you need to see if he is sick again, because if this is the beginning of a bug, you really dont want to be on a train with a child that is sick every 20 minutes....

cerealqueen Fri 12-Oct-12 22:58:05

Are you all going or just you? Confused.

ChablisLover Fri 12-Oct-12 22:59:14

I wouldn't take him tbh

If he's sick he would be miserable not being at home and a long train journey would be miserable for all involved.

I would stay at home and make your apologies

QuintessentialShadows Fri 12-Oct-12 22:59:14

Hit post too soon.

If this is a bug, you are likely to give it to all the other passengers, and a bunch of family members too.

Me and both sons caught Noro virus at a family gathering on sunday. I was feeling utterly shit the whole week, today is the first day I am feeling almost normal, and it was the first day in school again for my kids today. It has been a horrible week.

RunOrRioja Fri 12-Oct-12 23:04:12

See, that is my issue, I can't bear the thought of anyone else catching a bug or my child being Sick outside of the house.

Me and DH traveling separately as he is working away for a couple of days and will drive there and we will al drive back together...

FutTheShuckUp Fri 12-Oct-12 23:06:35

Well dont do it then.
If for example it is norovirus it is highly contagious and a fucking vile bug

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 12-Oct-12 23:07:01

I wouldn't take him. You'll infect other passengers on the train, and family members while you are there. Also, I guess he feels rotten and a long train journey would be nasty when you feel rough.

ScarahScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 23:07:07

That will be an awful train journey! A nightmare, if it's a nasty bug he may develop a high fever and will just need rest and fluids. It's not fair on anyone really ...

CoolaSchmoola Fri 12-Oct-12 23:07:49

I'd see how he is overnight - it might have been a one off and he may be bouncing by morning.

If he is - you go. If he's ill - you don't. Simples!

IHeartKingThistle Fri 12-Oct-12 23:09:05

If it's a bug please don't take him - I got norovirus through someone inconsiderate bringing their child out. I was very ill as a result and 3 years down the line still have issues because of it. You're not supposed to take them out for 48 hours afterwards.

Might it be something he ate though?

Shinyshoes1 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:09:13

Don't take him ! What if it starts coming out the other end ?

He'll be feeling rotten and a train journey wouldn't make him feel any better tbh

PuppyMonkey Fri 12-Oct-12 23:13:31

Don't they say 24 hours or even 48 hours before you can take a child that's been sick back to school? There is a reason for that.

RunOrRioja Fri 12-Oct-12 23:15:40

I know I am right to not risk it I guess I just needed a second opinion.

Thank you xxx

QuintessentialShadows Fri 12-Oct-12 23:38:38

48 hours after "last vomit" before school. DS2 was last sick 9 pm on Monday night. He had then been sick every 20 minutes since 2pm! He was ok for school Thursday. Ds1 was last sick 9 pm Tuesday night (after vomiting for nearly 12 hours, so returned to school on Friday. To be honest, they would not have been up for going anywhere before then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now