Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why movicol isnt working ,

(13 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Oct-12 21:11:06

Started taking first dose 5 hours ago...nothing...is this normal? Want to go to bed, have to b up at 5 to take second dose am worrying it hasn't worked for me to have colonoscopy?

MissBetseyTrotwood Fri 12-Oct-12 21:16:34

It can take a while to build up, ime of using it with the DCs. It's a very gentle softener, so it may take a couple of doses.

Good luck and get you to bed! smile

MyNeighbourIsHorrid Fri 12-Oct-12 21:16:58

Take the next dose now, don't wait til 5am. And yes, it is normal. When is your appointment? On a Saturday?

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Oct-12 21:18:43

Yes tomorrow actually it is moviprep got name wrong not sure if that is different...maybe I should take it now it is vile though took me ages to drink..

chobbler Fri 12-Oct-12 21:18:50

It took 3 days to start working if I remember correctly especially on such a low dose. And if no one has said try it in fruit juice we used cloudy apple so you couldn't see it !

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Oct-12 21:19:29

Yes Saturday at under private medical insurance

Katienana Fri 12-Oct-12 21:19:40

First time dh took it he was the same, it does work. There is no mistaking when it does!

monkeysbignuts Fri 12-Oct-12 21:19:42

I thought that and all of sudden wham lol.
Is it picolax or movicol?
They normally give picolax for colonoscopy and its brutal. Good luck op I don't envy you x

monkeysbignuts Fri 12-Oct-12 21:20:52

no don't take another dose yet! It will be a pico sulfate mix and trust me once it works you will poop out water!

Mrsjay Fri 12-Oct-12 21:23:14

It will work i have to take it sometimes, drink lots of water though it needs water to work and when it does you will know, I hope your op goes ok ,

Picolax is the work of the devil i nearly passed out the twice i have had to take that

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Oct-12 21:23:56

Moviprep thanks monkey will keep waiting!

monkeysbignuts Fri 12-Oct-12 21:33:29

no prob op, good luck with the procedure.

WelshMaenad Fri 12-Oct-12 21:38:54

Is it sodium picosulphate? My dd takes that sometimes, I find it takes about 8 hours so if give it overnight before taking any more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now