Talk

Advanced search

to not invite ALL my DD friends to her party!?!?

(4 Posts)
Tw1nkle Fri 12-Oct-12 19:12:27

Think I've just upset a mum I know!
I have a circle of mums (9), from when my DD was born, nearly 4 years ago.
My DD is now at nursery, and has quite a few friends, plus friends at ballet, on our street etc......
So we have a budget, and I could only invite 15 'friends', so i asked my DD who she wanted to invite, then I made the numbers up to 15.
From the original 9 children she has known she since was born - my DD picked none.....but I picked the 6 she sees the most (the other 3 she doesn't see anymore, and possibly wouldn't know them if she did, as it's been a quite a while).
So one of the mums of one of the 3 that didn't get invited has found out, and she is upset.
I do feel bad, and her DD would have got an ivite if someone had dropped out (that might sound worse!).
I understand that parties are difficult, and I'm sure my DD will not be invited to everyone's party that she knows, and I except that.
AIBU for not inviting the original 9 children?!!?
(Sorry for the long post!)

DeadQODy Fri 12-Oct-12 19:15:22

No

HTH grin

kinkyfuckery Fri 12-Oct-12 19:19:42

Oh the joys of children's parties.

You did nothing wrong. It gets worse. HTH.

MrsMangelfanciedPaulRobinson Fri 12-Oct-12 19:35:35

YANBU

If she's not a good friend I'd just let her get on with it. If she is a good friend I'd contact her and explain why you didn't invite her DD. Hopefully as a grown adult she will be understanding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now