Talk

Advanced search

to let my baby nap in his pushchair?

(8 Posts)
zinaida Fri 12-Oct-12 12:21:11

Really want to know! Pushchair says 6months+ and he's only 20 weeks but on the 98th centile and has grown out of the pram and much too heavy for the sling. Pushchair attachment (loola comfort bebe if it matters) is backward facing and tipped back quite a way, so his chin's not on his chest or anything. Was planning to just use for short trips to be on the safe side, but he falls asleep beautifully in it -before this he would only nap on me, so it's such a relief.

Currently at the pool waiting for him to wake up so we can go swimming. Should I wake him instead of letting him nap in the chair? Am I damaging his spine?

BrianButterfield Fri 12-Oct-12 12:23:58

I wouldn't worry about a baby that age/size too much. A nap should be fine. I moved ds into the pushchair bit of his around that age and just made sure it was fully reclined.

halcyondays Fri 12-Oct-12 12:26:29

Mine would hardly ever nap anywhere except in their pushchairs. He'll be fine.

zinaida Fri 12-Oct-12 12:27:13

Hooray! Thanks.

ImNotCute Fri 12-Oct-12 12:30:26

Yanbu. I have a second hand loola. If we're talking about the same attachment it goes practically flat, does it really say for 6 months plus? I've been using mine for ages, ds is now 9 months but I started using it well before 6 months. He has always looked so comfy in it. If previously your ds has been napping on you I don't suppose he always had a perfectly aligned spine did he? smile He'll be fine, don't worry.

zinaida Fri 12-Oct-12 12:36:28

Phew! The line between 'responsible' and 'pfb' is so thin sometimes! Thanks for the replies.

MamaBear17 Fri 12-Oct-12 12:54:13

My dd was in her pushchair attachment at 5 months. She sat up at 17 weeks, there was no way to transport her safely in the pram because she tried to pull herself up. I think as long as it reclines well there is no reason why you cant let your little one nap in his pushchair.

Icelollycraving Fri 12-Oct-12 12:54:45

Do whatever helps them to sleep & you to have a moment to yourself. It's more important that the baby is safe & comfortable rather than age IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now